How long did it take you to go from demo to live?

How long did it take you to go from demo to live?

• right away

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • 6 months

Votes: 44 57.9%
  • 1 year

Votes: 17 22.4%
  • 2 years

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • 3 or more years

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters
If we are satisfied with the result in demo account then we can head to real account and we should be careful while trading because Forex market is highly risky so we should do trade with money management skills.
I experience we are much satisfied with demo results and in very little time feel now trading is no more difficult . We can now handle it easily . But reality is different . Live trading results are not much satisfactory as we start it . I feel after real trading experience that demo trading for a long time should be with us.

I don't remember precisely, I think I spent more than 6 months in demo account. I sometimes still use it to test a new broker or strategy.

I believe 6 to 8 months are good time to go to live account. You have to do much practice on demo. It is not as all traders thing only some do more than 1 month demo practice. If some one knows the fact that practice makes him skilled and experience he will certainly do as much he can.

I voted for 1 year although I've spent some time choosing between 1 year and 6 months. Plus, I'd add 1 month and 3 months. My answers would go something like this:
1. up to 30 days
2. 1-3 months
3. 3-6 months
4. 6-12 months
5. more than a year
6. I started trading in the real account straightaway! Why would I even need a demo account?
But I'd like to add that I think both 3 months and 1 year are ok for trading in a demo account. It all depends on the strategy.

For me it was type parallel. During my demo trading I also was trading in live account but with cent account. The cent account got margin call after one week or so. After 6 months of demo trading I invested larger money in live market.

I did spend some time trading on a demo account only. I wasn't feeling confident enough to trade on a live account as a total newbie, even without taking any risks.

Actually the people who are trading in forex do not survive in forex for at least one year. Also many of them do not use demo trading for ever. I am agree to spend some time in demo platform to make trader’s trading base strong. But it should not be more than couple of months. After using demo platform 2 or 3 months trader will familiar with different market conditions and the process of forex trading.

Don't use an over-sized trading account in Demo because your brain will start believing that it's easy to make money with huge size trades.
Practice Demo account on actual size trading account that you intend to start with or can afford to start with on a real live trading a account....i.e. if your live trading account is going to be USD500, then practice with a USD500 Demo trading account.

Don't use an over-sized trading account in Demo because your brain will start believing that it's easy to make money with huge size trades.
Practice Demo account on actual size trading account that you intend to start with or can afford to start with on a real live trading a account....i.e. if your live trading account is going to be USD500, then practice with a USD500 Demo trading account.
I completely agree. Doing otherwise creates unrealistic expectations when you do move to the live account and in the end the time spent on the demo one was in vain.

I personally sat on a demo account for a long time, about six months, now I regret it.

Back