How long did it take you to go from demo to live?

How long did it take you to go from demo to live?

• right away

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • 6 months

Votes: 44 57.9%
  • 1 year

Votes: 17 22.4%
  • 2 years

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • 3 or more years

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters
2 years is more than sufficient time for trading practice. I said this because you will be itching to step in real market just after 1 month of demo trading because it is tempting to earn profits in real account.

I moved from demo to live 1 year so voted the same :D I'm aware that it's not too long, as some here say that you need at least 2 years. in my case I have my mentor by my side and still not trading too much of my money.

I would recommend at least 6 months in demo account. Certainly, the longer the practice the better would be results on real account. This is why I am always advising new trader to take as much time as necessary and not to rush on live market, as there are differences between demo and real account

Hello all,

Just wanted to ask how long it took you to go live?

for me it was about 2 years.
took me a about a year to master the basics,on and off when i had time to study the fundamentals to get started, i was on demo throughout the entire learning process for about a year before i started to look at opening a live account. I think with forex, it is a never ending process though

I did not trade on the demo and very sorry about it. It seemed to me that I know everything and will definitely get a profit. I thought I was holding the Holy Grail and I was going to make a lot of money. But I lost my first trading account very quickly.

For me its for FOREVER. A Good trader never stop practising on demo and it always good to test strategy on demo first. So My vote is for FOREVER but unfortunately this option is not in your Question :(
I like this answer because this is so true! I use demo accaunt all the time when I try some new way of trading

But if we talk about how long it took to at least start trying real account I would say from 4 to 6 month.

i am still on that demo account, I am trying different brokers though anyway in hope I will like some of them somehow and that's really it. I think lot of people here have day jobs and they simply can't trade full time for example for many many reasons.

Demo accounts are really to be used forever. I mean, in the beginning you are using them for learning, but later different indicators or methods can be explored. In addition, you can test your brokers platform on demo account to get familiar with it

I think it took me about 6 months or so. I do still use demo sometimes when i am trying out new strategies etc.

Back