1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How long did it take you to go from demo to live?

Discussion in 'General Forex Talk' started by sv2308, Feb 28, 2016.

?

How long did it take you to go from demo to live?

1. snilson

snilson Recruit

if u use math+trading you can start after.. 3-6 month. indicators (for me) are bad. now i use only math methods, like hedgetradingsystem grid.

2. CryptoatForex

CryptoatForex Recruit

Win or Learn.

3. carnelian

carnelian Private

2 years is more than sufficient time for trading practice. I said this because you will be itching to step in real market just after 1 month of demo trading because it is tempting to earn profits in real account.

4. TraderForever

TraderForever Recruit

I moved from demo to live 1 year so voted the same :D I'm aware that it's not too long, as some here say that you need at least 2 years. in my case I have my mentor by my side and still not trading too much of my money.

5. Gateluri

Gateluri Recruit

I would recommend at least 6 months in demo account. Certainly, the longer the practice the better would be results on real account. This is why I am always advising new trader to take as much time as necessary and not to rush on live market, as there are differences between demo and real account

6. Christina Ledger

took me a about a year to master the basics,on and off when i had time to study the fundamentals to get started, i was on demo throughout the entire learning process for about a year before i started to look at opening a live account. I think with forex, it is a never ending process though

7. Morning1234

Morning1234 Private, 1st Class

I did not trade on the demo and very sorry about it. It seemed to me that I know everything and will definitely get a profit. I thought I was holding the Holy Grail and I was going to make a lot of money. But I lost my first trading account very quickly.

8. KristenLove

KristenLove Recruit

I like this answer because this is so true! I use demo accaunt all the time when I try some new way of trading

But if we talk about how long it took to at least start trying real account I would say from 4 to 6 month.

9. Olieng38

Olieng38 Private, 1st Class

i am still on that demo account, I am trying different brokers though anyway in hope I will like some of them somehow and that's really it. I think lot of people here have day jobs and they simply can't trade full time for example for many many reasons.

10. Notati

Notati Recruit

Demo accounts are really to be used forever. I mean, in the beginning you are using them for learning, but later different indicators or methods can be explored. In addition, you can test your brokers platform on demo account to get familiar with it