How long did it take you to go from demo to live?

How long did it take you to go from demo to live?

• right away

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • 6 months

Votes: 44 57.9%
  • 1 year

Votes: 17 22.4%
  • 2 years

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • 3 or more years

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters
It took me 2 weeks... then I tried to trade with 100$ and successfully loss it:)
And then It took me 2 months using demo.

You need a bit of practice on demo to get yourself familiar with different trading tools. Goinb to live account is ewsy but maintaining your reaults is not easy. So I suggest when you get a strategy, test it in demo for 1 months or 2 and log all reaults and mistakes. Then evaluate your results, if you made more than 60% win then you can go to live account.

That is assuming that there are no discrepancies between a demo and real?
And, are there many brokers who have demo accounts that are at least a 90% reflection of their real accs? ;)

I've started with demo account 6 months ago, last month I started to do some trade, but i'm still using demo.

I think that you should not give up your demo account at all. Even if you are already actively trading on a real account, you will still need a demo account. You will be able to test trading strategies or manage your capital correctly, and everything is free with a demo account. For beginners, it takes about 4-5 months of trading on a demo account to switch to a live account. In your case, you have been trading on a demo account for two years, and this is very good. You have gained enough experience and may have avoided the large losses of money that could arise from your inability to trade.

It totally depends upon the trader how much time he/she wants to move from demo to live. In my opinion, if the trader does not feel confident enough to make a move or risk the money, he/she should take their time to move from demo to live. A live account includes real money and without adequate knowledge and experience it is not wise to make a hasty decision to move.

i have just started so i will be trading demo for a long time now in till i can show constant profit

Read from success story women trader namely Grace Cheng, she was prepared in a demo account, but I don't know how long time she was the practice in a demo, but there are some trader willing to spent the time to practice in demo account more than two years, while first time knows forex, I am as reckless because take in the demo only a week, and you know the result in a live account, burning account only three days

I'm a beginner and currently using an demo before going live, its been over 2 months how do i decide if I'm ready to trade live ?

You are doing good that you did trading on demo for 2 months, still, you need more practice you can check your ability on micro accounts where you will trade in the live market with small investment do trading on the live account then it will be easy to decide how much more practice you need in trading.

Back