How long did it take you to go from demo to live?

How long did it take you to go from demo to live?

• right away

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • 6 months

Votes: 44 57.9%
  • 1 year

Votes: 17 22.4%
  • 2 years

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • 3 or more years

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters
It took me about 5-6 months to stop trading demo. And I realized difference between demo and live. I have lost about $500 for some weeks.

I'm a beginner and currently using an demo before going live, its been over 2 months how do i decide if I'm ready to trade live ?
See I myself is a beginner too, it been almost 10-15 days that I am learning new things daily on my demo accounts yesterday only I came to know about margins and swaps, so every day it is a new day and new beginning and as a newbie, I will like to suggest that take your time and don't go after profits just learn and practice new things

Firstly I used real account. But it was my mistake. I thought I have read a lot to have a good profit and loose. After that I used demo for 1 year.

Hello all,

Just wanted to ask how long it took you to go live?

for me it was about 2 years.
I got pretty much comfortable within 6 months. I started live trading after 6 months of practicing demo account but made sure to invest very little. I didn't wanted to blow off my capital right in the beginning. :p

In terms of solid trading it was a good few months but probably 6 in all. I used a low deposit broker to go live to get used to trading with my own money after that. Hard to replicate that feeling on demo.

IT took me three months before I went to a live account because I needed to be sure that if I want love then I would be able to make profit instead of blowing my account. ia ls took the careful approach to demo trading where I considered the demo money to be actual money.

It took me a year to be sure. Some people may find it to be a long time but it all depends on how you want to make it in forex. I made sure that I would not be a failure in ofre and the only way to do that was to try as many strategies as possible in the demo account until I came up with the perfect strategy for me.

It took about three to four months to start trading live. I had to gain enough confidence and live trading knowledge.

There is a lot more to learn about forex and just by trading in the demo it is not possible to learn everything, which is why I decided to enter live trading and gain live experience trading.

Back