How long did it take you to go from demo to live?

How long did it take you to go from demo to live?

• right away

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • 6 months

Votes: 44 57.9%
  • 1 year

Votes: 17 22.4%
  • 2 years

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • 3 or more years

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters
I have been doing some training since March and I have been working on a demo account for about 3 months. I think I will probably work on it for another 3 months before I go live. Its been funny times lately with Covid, US elections & Xmas.

I'm scared from the vote results till now. The major vote is 6 months and there's even not so less votes for "right away". :oops: C'mon. Trading is not a get rich quick scheme mates. It's time to understand this. Otherwise you'll regret deeply.

it depends person to person. people who can afford to lose go live within a few weeks, other after a good research and practise take a few months and people are not willing to take risks will take ages.

In my opinion it is not necessarily bad if you go for live trading after a short time, as long as you are careful and don't risk too much rightaway. Having some skin in the game can help you in taking trading seriously and getting to know your psychological strengths and weaknesses early on. Other than that, demo can be a lifelong tool for practicing and testing new strategies.

In my opinion it is not necessarily bad if you go for live trading after a short time, as long as you are careful and don't risk too much rightaway. Having some skin in the game can help you in taking trading seriously and getting to know your psychological strengths and weaknesses early on. Other than that, demo can be a lifelong tool for practicing and testing new strategies.
Yup....playing around a Demo account helps some but give even more people the false sense and feeling of "easy money" when they made huge profits on a USD50-100k Demo account and then trying to emulate that "feat" on a USD100 live trading account.

I was on my demo account for around 6 months before going live. I still hop back onto my demo from time to time to test out strategies. I am a bit of a cautious trader but I guess that confidence comes in time.

I took less than six months to start trading live because, through demo trading, I learned all the basic and got familiarized with the platform.

Demo trading dint give enough exposure to actual trades, so I had to move to live trades mostly trading with lower investments to understand the live market.

Back