How long did it take you to go from demo to live?

How long did it take you to go from demo to live?

• right away

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • 6 months

Votes: 44 57.9%
  • 1 year

Votes: 17 22.4%
  • 2 years

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • 3 or more years

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters
i used demo half of year. now i rarely used demo. only if improved some things in trading.

It took me two months to do that. Though I still had times when I went back to the demo account to test stategies or exeute a trade I am not sure of
That's really a wise move. I believe that traders should always return to demo account in case they understand that something go wrong on the market. Of course, not all traders listen to such advice, because they think that they know better than those who advice them. Nevertheless, it's better to stay on demo for a couple of days in order to sort out what was wrong with your strategy or maybe trading plan, rather than continue trading and losing money.
I suppose that traders should be patient. There is no fast money on forex or other kinds of trading. Everything comes to those ones who are able to wait, to learn and to have an ability gaining new knowledge and experience.

I wouldn't recommend you to trade on demo for too long. Trading is all about making profits and earning real money but just looking at charts and clicking the right buttons. You'd better think about trading microlots instead of wasting your time on demo. You shouldn't get me wrong, I am not claiming that demo account is an absolutely useless thing. It has certain use but it is limited. You'd better get rid of the idea that you can become a good trader if you practise your trading on demo all the time. Real trading is absolutely different from demo trading. First of all, you'll not be able to practise your psychology which plays crucial role in trading. You have to learn how to keep your emotions under control whatever happens on the market and in your trading account. More than that, you'll not be able to experience and prepare yourself for the slippages, spreads and requotes because there no such things in demo trading.
I suggest you trading on demo account only for a few months in order to get used to the trading platform and its basic functions. After you mastered some basic skills of working with your trading terminal, you can switch to real account and trade microlots and them gradually increase your position size. Demo account can also be used in order to test some new trading ideas, by the way. However, it is not about the first step in trading.

I wouldn't recommend you to trade on demo for too long. Trading is all about making profits and earning real money but just looking at charts and clicking the right buttons. You'd better think about trading microlots instead of wasting your time on demo. You shouldn't get me wrong, I am not claiming that demo account is an absolutely useless thing. It has certain use but it is limited. You'd better get rid of the idea that you can become a good trader if you practise your trading on demo all the time. Real trading is absolutely different from demo trading. First of all, you'll not be able to practise your psychology which plays crucial role in trading. You have to learn how to keep your emotions under control whatever happens on the market and in your trading account. More than that, you'll not be able to experience and prepare yourself for the slippages, spreads and requotes because there no such things in demo trading.
I suggest you trading on demo account only for a few months in order to get used to the trading platform and its basic functions. After you mastered some basic skills of working with your trading terminal, you can switch to real account and trade microlots and them gradually increase your position size. Demo account can also be used in order to test some new trading ideas, by the way. However, it is not about the first step in trading.
I completely agree. I also don't advice to trade on demo account unless you don't have experience with the trading platform. Also if you have very little capital and feel not ready to trade microlots, you can subscribe to brokers who allow to trade nano lots such us Fxopen.

I completely agree. I also don't advice to trade on demo account unless you don't have experience with the trading platform. Also if you have very little capital and feel not ready to trade microlots, you can subscribe to brokers who allow to trade nano lots such us Fxopen.
I don't really agree with this. A demo account can be useful for just getting to know a given broker or platform, but even if you already know the broker, demo can be useful for testing the waters and trying new strategies.

Indeed demo is useful, but in real fact, there are big differences to compared a trading demo and a real one.
  • Demo usually start with large capital of more than $5000, real trading most beginners start with lower capital
  • Demo account doesn't involve emotion, while in real trading emotion is real.
  • Demo account use demo server may be better than real trading server depending on the broker.
  • Margin call in demo nothing, but in real trading maybe can make trader can't sleep.
  • Etc.

Back