How long did it take you to go from demo to live?

How long did it take you to go from demo to live?

• right away

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • 6 months

Votes: 44 57.9%
  • 1 year

Votes: 17 22.4%
  • 2 years

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • 3 or more years

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters
I think that trading on a demo account for six months is too much.
But I don't know what the goal of those traders is...
Anyway, here's what I say. The longer you trade demo, the more you get used to virtual money.
Guys... trading is all about psychology and a lot of emotions. When you know the deposit isn't real you make risky moves more often.
I think every trader should train their emotions and discipline.
That's what a live account is for.
As for the demo account... the less the better.
But if you're testing a new strategy or indicator, you should of course use a demo account.

I also traded on the demo for about half a year, and now I periodically do the same. Often traders start trading with real micro-accounts. It's just that the mechanism of trading to master such small accounts can't help - a beginner will come, lose money and leave... The trading mechanism should be studied on a demo account. When moving to a real account and determining its size, it is important to determine the purpose of starting trading: if the purpose is to strengthen the trading skills, mastering the psychology of trading, then, yes, a small deposit is very suitable for this purpose. When a trader has obtained the necessary skills on a demo account, has learned to follow a trading system, has stable results on a demo account, and wants to receive a stable profit percentage, then it is important to put a rather large amount on the deposit so as not to violate risks, to trade and receive a small profit percentage.

Hello all,

Just wanted to ask how long it took you to go live?

for me it was about 2 years.
Nice to see your determinations level! In reality, it takes such a long time to learn Forex trading! to be very honest, I opened my 1st live trading account so early; and as a result faced a huge loss there because of my ordinary trading skill; then I started to use cent trading account to learn instead of demo trading!

You can't complete demo education in a strict sense, when you backtest your trading strategies you'll still need to use demo account. That's why there are no hard guidelines about when you can start on live account. To train your psychology you may start as early as after a one week after you learned how to use all platform features.

I feel that the longer you test the demo account, the harder it is to jump into a live account. Many potential traders never take that jump and end up quitting. There is no such thing as one fits all, but if you are comfortable with the platform, already tested the demo account and have a trading strategy, then its time to go live. It all depends on how much effort you put into it every day, my advice is to start small, trade micro lots just so you get the feeling of trading a live account.

Back