How long did it take you to go from demo to live?

How long did it take you to go from demo to live?

• right away

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • 6 months

Votes: 44 57.9%
  • 1 year

Votes: 17 22.4%
  • 2 years

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • 3 or more years

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters
This is always there because in demo we trade without emotions and when emotions get involved with the real money trading we see that our logic is overruled and we tend to make many mistakes only to lose money.

I agree, that's why I've started a Micro-Acct, trading only .01 lot size-for NOW!! I've had an up, down and UP week this week; and have run the gamut of emotions, experiencing that fear you get after several consecutive losses-then closing out the next few trades after just a tiny profit, scared it's going to turn on you!! I just haven't gotten to the point where I can let the trade run its course for a few days. Perhaps I'll stick with the lower time frames and intra-day trading-at least for now. My strategies seem to work much better on <12hr trades. (AND I'm going to lay-off trading news events until I understand Fundamentals better!!)

I'm glad I started back meditating twice-a-day again!! Can't remember who it was that suggested it when I first started trading, but grateful to have this as yet another tool in my toolbox!!

This is always there because in demo we trade without emotions and when emotions get involved with the real money trading we see that our logic is overruled and we tend to make many mistakes only to lose money.
What about difference in pips and etc.?

I agree, that's why I've started a Micro-Acct, trading only .01 lot size-for NOW!! I've had an up, down and UP week this week; and have run the gamut of emotions, experiencing that fear you get after several consecutive losses-then closing out the next few trades after just a tiny profit, scared it's going to turn on you!! I just haven't gotten to the point where I can let the trade run its course for a few days. Perhaps I'll stick with the lower time frames and intra-day trading-at least for now. My strategies seem to work much better on <12hr trades. (AND I'm going to lay-off trading news events until I understand Fundamentals better!!)

I'm glad I started back meditating twice-a-day again!! Can't remember who it was that suggested it when I first started trading, but grateful to have this as yet another tool in my toolbox!!

If you want to let a trade run for a few days make your trading decisions using higher time frames (H4, Daily, Weekly), set your TP, SL, and try not to spend too much time in front of your monitors.

If you want to let a trade run for a few days make your trading decisions using higher time frames (H4, Daily, Weekly), set your TP, SL, and try not to spend too much time in front of your monitors.

I've been using the higher time frames, learned the hard way on the impossibility of a 20-pip stop on the longer-term trade; but staying away from the computer??!! As my doctor would tell you, my iPad will have to be surgically removed at death! ;) I'm legally blind, and although it's not affecting my trading, I use this iPad as my 1st assistant, secretary, communications, library, movie screen...even "kitty-sitter"!
It also just so happens that MT4 works REALLY well on it, (at least I haven't had any problems-had an outrageous spread a few days ago: I thought it was 4.7, it was EURGBP-BUT, it was actually 47 PIPS, DURING THE DAY!!) THAT is the broker though and I have to call them back tomorrow about it. They called me after I left a msg, but then I had appointments...

I've been using the higher time frames, learned the hard way on the impossibility of a 20-pip stop on the longer-term trade; but staying away from the computer??!! As my doctor would tell you, my iPad will have to be surgically removed at death! ;) I'm legally blind, and although it's not affecting my trading, I use this iPad as my 1st assistant, secretary, communications, library, movie screen...even "kitty-sitter"!
It also just so happens that MT4 works REALLY well on it, (at least I haven't had any problems-had an outrageous spread a few days ago: I thought it was 4.7, it was EURGBP-BUT, it was actually 47 PIPS, DURING THE DAY!!) THAT is the broker though and I have to call them back tomorrow about it. They called me after I left a msg, but then I had appointments...

It is strange to see a 42 pips spread on the EURGBP as i never experience this and it will be a bad trading experience for you. I have also been using the iPad lately :D

I'm hoping it was a mistake-I've seen some of their spreads jump just before major news announcements, and the minor currencies are usually too high during "off hours"-but 47?? At 4:30EDT (US)? I'll hopefully talk to them tomorrow-they've always been really good in customer services.

it was not right away and not 6 months either. For me it took almost 1 month. Since I could trade with only 1 dollar I prefered real accounts. you just need demo accounts to get the whole idea of trading and then you are ready to risk! I'm falling in love with forex XOXo

Back