How long did it take you to go from demo to live?

How long did it take you to go from demo to live?

• right away

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • 6 months

Votes: 44 57.9%
  • 1 year

Votes: 17 22.4%
  • 2 years

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • 3 or more years

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters
If we are satisfied with the result in demo account then we can head to real account and we should be careful while trading because Forex market is highly risky so we should do trade with money management skills.

Hello all,

Just wanted to ask how long it took you to go live?

for me it was about 2 years.
I believe it totally depends on an individual, if he believes in his strategies and plans he might enter into the live within a month or two. But it is better to plan and new things on the demo first rather than going live.

Every trader should start with demo trading. Especially who are interested to do live account trading immediately should must go through demo trading. It is necessary for a trader better to use a live account after using demo trading account. The problem of real trading account is it directly related with trader’s emotion as their already invested huge capital. There is no chance to get back from the live trading account where demo trading has.

I think so too. Different people have different learning curves, that is normal. In the end of the day the most important thing is to learn, regardless of how long it takes.

Hello all,

Just wanted to ask how long it took you to go live?

for me it was about 2 years.

There is no fix time as such. It totally depends upon your understanding of the trading. Sometimes even a week is enough and sometimes even one whole year is less. I personally feel you should move from demo to live in a week’s time, you can start with a micro account with as low as $5. Trust me playing with real money makes a hell lot of difference in your learning ability and love for trading.

Hi all ,
It took me 6 months to trade on demo account first and then i moved to live account.
Live account one is little scary as one trades with live money one it.

you can shift to live account earlier than it . As after 2 to 3 months start live trading with lowest amount. It will be a type of getting real trading experience. This practice will be valuable that you can know how to use and mange your own amount . I feel a lot of confidence with live trading on micro accounts.

There are two types of traders:
- those who consider demo useful
- those who consider demo a waste of time.

I'm from the second group. In spite of the fact that I traded more than half a year for demo, when I started, I think it was in vain. I got this experience when I started trading on real.

Personally, when I first started trading I traded on the demo for about a year but did it in vain. Everything was very different from reality. Therefore, it is better not to sit on the demo. Otherwise it will be difficult psychologically trade on the real.

Personally, when I first started trading I traded on the demo for about a year but did it in vain. Everything was very different from reality. Therefore, it is better not to sit on the demo. Otherwise it will be difficult psychologically trade on the real.
Yes, emotionally difficult. But, I think that you will agree that if a trader gets used to trading on a demo, he will absolutely not be ready for real trading. And if you just start trading with real money, you can get used to the pressure.

Back