How long did it take you to go from demo to live?

How long did it take you to go from demo to live?

• right away

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • 6 months

Votes: 44 57.9%
  • 1 year

Votes: 17 22.4%
  • 2 years

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • 3 or more years

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters
We can learn lot of knowledge within six months because demo helps us to practice and improve trading skills. When we start getting positive result from the demo account we can begin trading in live account.

Hello all,

Just wanted to ask how long it took you to go live?

for me it was about 2 years.

Well, I see many traders use their demo for short period of time! But, I used my demo account more than one year! Actually, I had no trainer, so for me demo practice was so important and I used it with my best dedications! When I was consistent in my practice account then I have started my live trading.

It's best of all to train for those same six months. Otherwise later you might not have enough experience.

I spent a lot of time on a demo account, more that a year! I began with demo account, then tried the real one but returned to the demo. I sill have some demo account when I try different trading strategies.

I spent a lot of time on a demo account, more that a year! I began with demo account, then tried the real one but returned to the demo. I sill have some demo account when I try different trading strategies.

I use the same approach. I think it is far more prudent to test new strategies on the demo account than to take risks on the live account.

I have taken 3 months to go live. But I have seen many trader who do spend enough time in forex demo session and started live trading. From my research I have found those broker do not survive in forex more than six months. But any trader do proper demo session I think it will enough to spend 3 months. But if you want you can stay more. After demo session is not everything. Because when you entered into live trading you will found some difficulties which will also take some time to overcome.

Perfect! You are never experienced enough to always beat the market! So, a good, and responsible, trader would always keep updating his/her capabilities, keep trying out on demo account whenever she is not confident enough and keep developing her capabilities as a trader.

Noone says that demo should be given up, but it's not a brilliant idea always to trade at a lerning account wihout understanding what the real market is.

Back