How long did it take you to go from demo to live?

How long did it take you to go from demo to live?

• right away

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • 6 months

Votes: 44 57.9%
  • 1 year

Votes: 17 22.4%
  • 2 years

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • 3 or more years

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters
It's advisable to practice on demo account for a while, and it's good just to train without losses sometimes. Newcomers spend about half a year training on demo account.

That’s a good amount of time and shows lot of time. (I am assuming you were actively trading in Demo for most of those two years). A disciplined approach like that and controlling your emotions and temptation is essential, although not sufficient, to become a successful trader. Would love to hear how have you fared in your trades.

Wow! More than 60% of the people managed it in Six months which is quite a reasonable time. I am sure six months are sufficient to give you basic understanding of the market but more importantly, the confidence and the discipline to bear the volatility and losses. So, how about another poll asking people their performance in the first six months after going live?

It took me a bit more than a month. I suppose if you stay there more and don't do anything, you shouldn't even try forex. Demo is always good, and you can get back to it from time to time to test different strategies.

You are advised to spend 4 to 5 months on the demo trading before entering into the live account. After this time, you would have the confidence to implent the basic rules effectively. It totally depends on your learning skills that how much time you need to spend on the demo account.

I couldn't spend so much time on a demo, and it was probably the reason why I lost quite a lot of money at the beginning. I should have waited a couple of months and developed more skills.

5 months probably. And i felt myself i mastered everything. When i switched, my first time investing my money was nerve wracking. And for the next couple of months nothing was like the demo. So in the end i lost some money. My true "demo" was live trading and safe bets.

I will be honest with you. I was not the smartest person alive. It took me a lot of time and mind-consuming to understand forex at all. I spent around five-six months in forex. And i am grateful that i spend that much time. It helped me in the long-term.

I will be honest with you. I was not the smartest person alive. It took me a lot of time and mind-consuming to understand forex at all. I spent around five-six months in forex. And i am grateful that i spend that much time. It helped me in the long-term.
Five-six months isn't that long actually, in my opinion. Some people need a longer time to feel confident.

Back