1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How long do I have to trade with demo account?

Discussion in 'Beginners Bootcamp' started by Azlan00IM, Jul 3, 2015.

1. ssteven

ssteven Recruit

Hi, i think you should trade on a demo account as long as you need to but you need to be able to make the necessary decisions with trading forex. so take your time.

2. bigdolly

bigdolly Sergeant Major

As a rule of thumb, time spent exclusively on demo should not exceed one year. Because as time goes you start to care less about your trading results (because you don't lose real money), become less attentive to market challenges like widening spreads etc. Successful experience in demo where you convert 100$ to 10000$ can't be repeated on live account, simple because of less comfortable trading conditions but you tend to ignore that trying to get it work on live account. Eventually it leads to losses and account blow up

3. Notati

Notati Recruit

I would not start with real account from start. New traders should get familiar with trading platform and learn how to trade, and also what is what in Forex. Demo account is much better option for learning as there is no real money involved

4. DaveT

DaveT Private, 1st Class

Until you are profitable in demo mode, there is no set time limit

5. walpants

walpants Private, 1st Class

dont think you can put a time limit on this, you need to be comfortable and profitable in demo first, how long this takes is down to the individual as everyone is different.

6. Purekiller

Purekiller Recruit

I think that something like not that much of it, as long as when you will be able ot trade on live one. Do you understand all that needs already with your broker ? Correct ? How does that sound really ? I traded like few month for the practice here anyway.

7. Etedus12

Etedus12 Corporal

The period for trading on a demo account is dependent on an individual. One person can trade much longer than the other if he takes longer to grasp the concept. I recommend at least 3-6 months of demo trading before going live, so that you become familiar with the market

8. momo3HC

momo3HC Private, 1st Class

Trade in demo as long as you`re feeling the need of it but remember that even experienced traders are using demos for testing their new strategies.