How long do I have to trade with demo account?

As long as you don't master one strategy on which you start getting good results, you should stick to demo account. If you will try to learn trading directly on a live account, then you can get in to all sorts of trouble.

As long as you don't master one strategy on which you start getting good results, you should stick to demo account. If you will try to learn trading directly on a live account, then you can get in to all sorts of trouble.

Yes we need to make use of different types of trading strategies in our trading as that will make sure that we will be able to gain income in some of the trades that we are doing :)

I've traded with demo account around 1 month and half now. I do my business full time, currently my income is from affiliate marketing, but I want additional income from forex as well. Since I do my business full time, I have lots of time staring at MT4 chart, opening trades and gain experience. I won some and lose some. I'm not sure whether I'm ready or not to trade with live account, especially with big capital. Can anyone give me the idea? How long do I have to trade with demo account? 4 months? 6 months? To those who's going to post in this thread, how long had you been trading with demo acc? Care to share your experience?
I think it depends a lot on your personality and your ability to learn fast. For me this time was around 5 months because I was quite reluctant to hurry and to risk my real moey. In addition I was learning on the go and I didn't feel too ready during the first months. So my advice here would be to listen to yourself and see what you know and how well you do on your demo. It's better to be late here, for sure.

I think it depends a lot on your personality and your ability to learn fast. For me this time was around 5 months because I was quite reluctant to hurry and to risk my real moey. In addition I was learning on the go and I didn't feel too ready during the first months. So my advice here would be to listen to yourself and see what you know and how well you do on your demo. It's better to be late here, for sure.
And when you start with real money, start small. You can always deposit more funds if you're doing good.

When you feel enough skills in demo account then switch to live trading account by keeping in mind that all strategies and skills that was developed in demo account should be implement with full discipline.

You have to be the master of your trading strategy before you leave demo account and go to live trading. Even then you will be needing quite some time in getting your hand set to trade in your real account like you traded in your demo account.

Demo account is free practice account, better spent time to practice in demo account with seriously to learn how to analyze the trend market and also when making trades and also learn to manage money with proper money management and risk management, if trader have good habit in demo hence will can start in real account with discipline.

Yes we need to make use of different types of trading strategies in our trading as that will make sure that we will be able to gain income in some of the trades that we are doing :)
If we can understand with the market pattern which in forex market usually occur different pattern, hence we an trying to adjusted strategy according the trend market, like as if we know trend market on sideays or move on certain range timeframe, we can trying use scalping or short term trading, and if we know trend very strong move we can trade for long term plan.

You need to trade in a demo account as long as you don't master your strategy what ever it is. When you feel confident that you have a good resulting strategy, only then you can afford to move to real account trading.

Back