How long do I have to trade with demo account?

There is no fixed period for demo trading. However you will need to be aware that demo trading and live trading is different, in terms of execution, slippage or even the trading mentality

There is no fixed period for demo trading. However you will need to be aware that demo trading and live trading is different, in terms of execution, slippage or even the trading mentality

Indeed. The only hurdle is that the broker might automatically close your demo account after a fixed period of time - I've seen some brokers do that - but then you just open a new one and keep going if necessary.

Indeed. The only hurdle is that the broker might automatically close your demo account after a fixed period of time - I've seen some brokers do that - but then you just open a new one and keep going if necessary.
But most renowned brokers have no demo account expiry.

It depends on your progress, I think the main purpose of demo account is provide basic knowledge for you, micro live account should be more important.

But most renowned brokers have no demo account expiry.

Not officially at least. Not that I've seen in their terms and conditions, but I've still seen it happen. Not that it matters, particularly, after all one can always open a new demo account and continue from there.

Not officially at least. Not that I've seen in their terms and conditions, but I've still seen it happen. Not that it matters, particularly, after all one can always open a new demo account and continue from there.
True, you can always start again, but if you like to keep going on the same account and it expires it becomes annoying. We are running tests on EAs and signal services where non-expiring demo accounts are required, and the brokers we use have good demo accounts that last for a very long time (won't mention any names in this section of the forum).

True, you can always start again, but if you like to keep going on the same account and it expires it becomes annoying. We are running tests on EAs and signal services where non-expiring demo accounts are required, and the brokers we use have good demo accounts that last for a very long time (won't mention any names in this section of the forum).

There are a lot of Expert Advisers which we may need to make use of in our trading. If we are having a good knowledge about them then we can use them :)

Oh, it's certainly much better not to have to start over. For a casual trader like me it's just a source of mild annoyance, but I am sure that a professional trader would might have major trouble caused by that sort of thing.

There is no specific limit as to how many months you have to practice in a demo account but you can realize it for yourself when you become a good trader. Only then you should shift yourself to a real account.

There is no specific limit as to how many months you have to practice in a demo account but you can realize it for yourself when you become a good trader. Only then you should shift yourself to a real account.
Yes, all depending wth each trader, if they as beginner and already fett confident in demo account although only few month, hence they can start in real account, but actualy so many suggestion for newbie they need practice in demo at least six month because almost trader they can't maintain account more than six month

Back