How long do I have to trade with demo account?

I stayed with my demo for 6 months, lost money for the first 2, and then got consistent by the end.
It can be annoying because you want to make money, but just remember forex is a marathon, not a sprint :)

I've traded with demo account around 1 month and half now. I do my business full time, currently my income is from affiliate marketing, but I want additional income from forex as well. Since I do my business full time, I have lots of time staring at MT4 chart, opening trades and gain experience. I won some and lose some. I'm not sure whether I'm ready or not to trade with live account, especially with big capital. Can anyone give me the idea? How long do I have to trade with demo account? 4 months? 6 months? To those who's going to post in this thread, how long had you been trading with demo acc? Care to share your experience?
Should be unlimited time, I don't think that they expire tbh

i normaly have 21 or 2 demos running all the time to test out strategy or indicators before using them live so you never grow out of demos

i normaly have 21 or 2 demos running all the time to test out strategy or indicators before using them live so you never grow out of demos
When we are using the Demo trading accounts then our trading also becomes easy and we are able to earn more profits from our trades.

The length of time it takes to trade on a demo account is up to you: how quickly you master this trading platform and how confidently and efficiently you will keep your account. On average, it takes about 4-5 months for a beginner to trade on a demo account and fully master the basics of trading to move to a real account. But even after switching to a real money account, I do not advise you to give up your demo account. You can use it to test trading strategies, or you can return to it if your real account fails.

Yes it is important to stay on demo for some time to learn functionality and platform features but I should say that staying on demo too long is detrimental to your future trading success - absence of risk and instant trading execution create impression that trading is easy and losses are something you can easily ignore. Of course in this sense real account is completely different and demo winners are basically totally unprepared to conditions on live account.

I am hoping that 1 year demo and learning on a very strict and high intensity learning curve i will be ready to trade live. well that's the plan

There is no limit to learn. You can trade on demo as long as you want and you think the concepts are not clear. As per I know most of the broker does not close your account if you keep using them. So there is no harm to clear your facts and strategies before you go live.

I think you should trade on a demo account for at least 4-5 months to master trading fully. Then you can switch to a real account and try to make money in trading. But I do not advise you to give up your demo account, sometimes continue to trade on it, as it is an excellent platform for training new trading strategies and your ability to trade.

When we switch to live trading it tells us either our demo experience is enough or not. Real trading seems difficult, so traders feel they need more practice on demo to learn tips and tricks and different planning techniques. This approach comes after some trading experience and we go to demo trading again to test other strategies.

Back