How long do I have to trade with demo account?

It's been like 3 months for me that I am trading with a demo account. I believe that there is not a limit that you can say that now you can close your demo account and do a full time live trading. Demo accounts are always helpful for traders to practice or implement new trading strategies. So If you feel like you have given considerate time in the demo, now you can begin with a live account as well. A demo account is always handy for keeping the learning process going on.

I've traded with demo account around 1 month and half now. I do my business full time, currently my income is from affiliate marketing, but I want additional income from forex as well. Since I do my business full time, I have lots of time staring at MT4 chart, opening trades and gain experience. I won some and lose some. I'm not sure whether I'm ready or not to trade with live account, especially with big capital. Can anyone give me the idea? How long do I have to trade with demo account? 4 months? 6 months? To those who's going to post in this thread, how long had you been trading with demo acc? Care to share your experience?
About a month to learn the ropes and then started a small micro account, as I was advised this because you cannot factor in emptions in trading when on demo

No Benchmark For How Long Should be in a Demo Account, in my opinion, Learning By Doing Is The Best ..

You Can Also Try Live Trading Using Small Capital, With Accounts Cent.
This is how I did it, live account allows trading mindset to develop too

There is no rea time frame I would say as people will learn at their own pace. Once you have gone over and over on demo, I would invest what your willing to trite off in case it goes the wrong way and assess again from there

I think it good to preparing in demo account at least six months of practice and learn, then look at performance during practice, if still, many mistakes and often fail in trading, still need more time to practice in a demo account, because there are so many traders can not maintain account more than six months.

As a rule of thumb, time spent exclusively on demo should not exceed one year. Because as time goes you start to care less about your trading results (because you don't lose real money), become less attentive to market challenges like widening spreads etc. Successful experience in demo where you convert 100$ to 10000$ can't be repeated on live account, simple because of less comfortable trading conditions but you tend to ignore that trying to get it work on live account. Eventually it leads to losses and account blow up

I found after using demo for a short time opening a small account was more helpful as I was trading with real money.

There is no limit to how much I use a demo account, I have started live trading and I still use a demo account to test my trading strategy.

Back