How long do I have to trade with demo account?

This is such a strange question as it is so subjective. The simple answer is until you are making profit on your demo over a decent time period and feel comfortable executing your strategy.

Agree, it'll be different for everyone. I think a more apt question would be what criteria do I need to say I've achieved before moving to live and some include comfort as you've said and also month on month growth

I think the length of time depends on how confident you're feeling. I would say that you'd want to be consistently profitable for the most part, especially if you're considering making a large investment.

If you feel you have been doing great on demo meaning you are earning profits then you can jump to real trading but better to start with a small amount initially.

Agree, it'll be different for everyone. I think a more apt question would be what criteria do I need to say I've achieved before moving to live and some include comfort as you've said and also month on month growth
Agreed, at least that can have a more objective answer like "is there any reason to suggest you wouldn't lose your bank trading live?".

It depends on an individual trader. Ideally, 6 months demo trading may help you understand about the market to trade in the live market with some capital. If you find a consistent strategy by demo trading, apply on your live trading with tiny trading lot. Once you think, you can bear the heat of the live market, gradually increase your trading lot. I am wishing you all the very best.

Can be few months, can be 6 months or even few years.
It all comes down to how well have you been able to make a consistency in profit, I'd say

I don't think that it makes sense to trade demo more than a couple of years.
There are so many arguments nowadays in trading community about trading demo and its possible use for the beginners. Some traders claim that trading demo is a good way to learn how to trade, other traders believe that demo account doesn't teach the newbies anything new. I personally feel that the truth is inbetween. In my opinion, a newbie should start with trading demo in order to learn how to use trading platforms in the most efficient ways. For example, it is essential to know how to open and close the deals, how to set up the indicators and pending orders and so on. However, I don't think that it is possible to learn trading from trading demo. The reasons are numerous and one of the most important ones is the fact that there is no psychological factor when it comes about trading fake money. Psychology plays a vital role in trading and a trader should learn how to remain neutral and calm whatever happens on the market, or when to make a pause in order to grow more indiffirent. Such skills are essential for everyone who is looking forward to investing their money. Secondly, when you trade real money, you value your deals more. I mean that if you trade demo, you do not really worry about the outcomes of the trade. If you lose, nothing bad will happen to you, you will not lose any material. However, it is absolutely different when you trade your real savings. Every opened deal is important because you know that there are chances to lose.

Until you can turn a profit then make the transition.
6 months on demo should give you a good grounding for your live account

took me 4-5 months to make some profit and i kept on trading in demo for another few months so that my strategy can remain consistent in my trading

Back