How long to demo and when to invest

I’ve spent quite a lot of time practicing on a demo account about 6 months in total then moved to opening a small account to practice trading with actually money. When did you feel comfortable enough to invest a substantial amount into trading ?
According to me, learning has no age limit or time limit but 6 Months are sufficient to go with live if you think you are ready to go with real money. I`ll suggest you to go with a small amount to test your self because it's all about your hard-earned real money :)

I used demo for about 3 months before trading for real. I still use occasionally to test out new strategies.

I’ve spent quite a lot of time practicing on a demo account about 6 months in total then moved to opening a small account to practice trading with actually money. When did you feel comfortable enough to invest a substantial amount into trading ?
think that is a personal question on how you feel your self. i could take 1 person a month to be happy or 1 year so all individual a suppose?

It seems to me that if you're not sure if you're ready to trade on a real account, but you're bored with the demo, a cent account will work for you. Some well-known brokers offer such accounts, they are easy to find in the network. But in general, I think you'll "feel" it when you're ready to invest a larger amount in trading. The main thing is to realize that trading is a rather risky business, where many newbies lose money. This is part of the training process.

i'm demo account use still. but have real account too.
i need demo account test my strategy new broker. or just test new strategy. before livw.

Can't remember wxactly how long it was but defintely a good few months or solid trading. Before that was my go to for looking at the stuff I was learning on babypips.

Took me a little while but I went to a low deposit broker as I had read that it is important to get used to the sensation of trading your own money and demo can't prepare you for that. Fortunately I had some throw away money I could use to do this with but I get not everyone can.

Thanks for all the replies think I’ll stick with a small account for a bit longer then.

I also took 6 months before trading with real. Even now, I test out the demo when in the mood of trying something new. Good luck with your journey ahead!

Back