How long to demo and when to invest

I don’t think you can put a time on it but would like you have invest a little as you will have more of an emotional attachment to your own money which is another skill to control your emotions with it

I recommend beginners to start demo trading before going live. Demo trading will help you to gain the necessary experience and test the right strategies. After a few months, you will gain knowledge and will be able to trade in a real account.

In this case trader should take some risk to invest some more capital in trading account. 1 year is enough time period to have experience on small account. If you are not successful yet , change strategy and have a courage to trade with more money. Time and success level both are important to go to live account from demo account.

Truly you should flip your demo account three times before going live. Haven't met one person yet who has done it as most want a live account asap

Truly you should flip your demo account three times before going live. Haven't met one person yet who has done it as most want a live account asap
I burned three demo accounts and blew up two live accounts before became profitable. I should say the loss on live account was the most valuable lesson.

I’ve spent quite a lot of time practicing on a demo account about 6 months in total then moved to opening a small account to practice trading with actually money. When did you feel comfortable enough to invest a substantial amount into trading ?
Start when you feel confident. Make sure you have a solid trading plan and are making good returns consistently.

I was using demo for about two months and moved to live trade to experience the real trading. It mostly depends on your knowledge and confidence of risk-taking to be ready to go live.

As long as it takes to master your first strategy and then continue using them for testing other strategies

I don't think the time can be fixed and same for all. It all depends on how well versed a beginner is with the basics and his/her skills of trading and handling the market pressure. Demo trading is helpful of course, but the time period will vary for all traders.

Back