How long to demo and when to invest

A year of trading experience in the demo account is already enough time to practice, but I think if-then trader trying to use real trading, it will giving them a different experience, especially in their emotion, its about real money

It varies from trader to trader when he feels the need to switch to the live account after doing demo practice. It is not just a matter of investment it is also a decision either you have learnt something from demo trading or not. When you are quite confident that now you can face live market then go to live trading with reasonable investment. I will condemn high investment just after demo practice. One can make himself good in trading with low investment too.

I used a demo account for around 6 months before going live. I am not the most adventurous trader, I am cautious and tend to stick to my strategies. This works for me and I have stayed quite consistent with my trading history.

If you demo is making money then I would start trading. The demo for me is so you can get used to the strategy, mt4 and indicators. Experianced traders will tell you they still run demos

there is no minimum or maximum limit. There are few who loves to take risk and go live side by side with the demo. on the other hand there are few who likes to play safe and complete their research on demo and then go live.

I’ve spent quite a lot of time practicing on a demo account about 6 months in total then moved to opening a small account to practice trading with actually money. When did you feel comfortable enough to invest a substantial amount into trading ?
Thats quite an individual question depending on your own risk preference, but generally speaking I would say when you are consistently profitable and use only money you can afford to lose

3 months are enough for demo but after all it depends on a persons capabilities, free time and intensity of learning as well as dedicated. Saw persons who could grasp forex basics for 2-3 days and get ready to jump into trading.

There are no right or wrong timing to start trading live. Whenever you feel that you get ready then you just start it. As trading through demo, you will never learn how to control on your lot size as the cash in Demo you loss won't give yourself a single bad feeling. So you may always start with small capital to try it out whether your trading strategy is workable.

Back