How long to demo and when to invest

I'm of the opinion if you have 3 consecutive months in the blue then you are good to go live .
Then use micro lots when you go live before using close on a four figure account

All reply post here makes sense and good advise & opinions.
Just don't treat your much smaller live trading account like the big Demo account and expect to earn huge profits too.
Would be much better to Demo trade on the same size account as your intended live account to get the reality of what would and can happen.

How long should a beginner trader practice demo trading, and how much should a beginner invest during the initial stage?

How long should a beginner trader practice demo trading, and how much should a beginner invest during the initial stage?
Demo trade (on an account size that you intend to start on a live account with) for as long as needed until you are confident that you have found the system that work for you.

Use money that you can afford to lose in the event you messed up on your first live trading account which majority of Newbies do.

In other words, don't use money for your live trading account which is needed/meant for medicals/rents/food/wife/family/whatever like many have come crying here with sob story when they lost their money to some slimy unscrupulous broker or service provider.....and for goodness sake, do your research on the broker or service provider before giving them your money.

It took me around 3 months to feel confident enough to open a live account, also gave me a bit of time to put some more money aside for the live account, too.

It took me around 3 months to feel confident enough to open a live account, also gave me a bit of time to put some more money aside for the live account, too.
I would suggest you top-up your live trading account periodically as and when you have some spare cash.
That will not only slowly increase the size of your trading account, but give you more margin to trade with when you get that near-perfect trade setup.
BUT, please do not go with a scumbag broker....thoroughly research the broker before depositing money with them because we really do not wish to see another scam statistics here at the FPA.

Good luck, take care, and stay safe!

I started live if im honest and blew two accounts and then finally used my head and went to demo. I was demoing for 2 months before attempting to go live again. Worked so much better

You are right in demo we can not feel our loss as much as we feel its danger and effects in live trading. In real trading a big loss is a life changer or shocking because one can be totally out of the trading if he loose his all investment. Demo will trained you when you will really learn from it feel what you loose or gain by using how much capital.. When a trader is able to manage a certain amount in demo he can go to invest in live account.

Five to six months in demo trading can give you enough information about live market trades and understand about forex. The rest depends on the trader if the trader is ready to take risks and accept losses in live trading.

Back