How long to demo and when to invest

I started live if im honest and blew two accounts and then finally used my head and went to demo. I was demoing for 2 months before attempting to go live again. Worked so much better
It is nice decision that you realize you have to go to demo again to learn properly. When you use your mind and see what happens in trading with your certain trading attitude you will definitely learn and manage your amount with efforts. This is real learning because it assures you that you have to do something with reason.

I’ve spent quite a lot of time practicing on a demo account about 6 months in total then moved to opening a small account to practice trading with actually money. When did you feel comfortable enough to invest a substantial amount into trading ?
When you feel confident

How long you should trade on demo? As long as possible to get proper training until you found a strategy that work for you that suits your trading style. If youre ready then move to next stage to trade on live account. Easy as that.

I would suggest you top-up your live trading account periodically as and when you have some spare cash.
That will not only slowly increase the size of your trading account, but give you more margin to trade with when you get that near-perfect trade setup.
BUT, please do not go with a scumbag broker....thoroughly research the broker before depositing money with them because we really do not wish to see another scam statistics here at the FPA.

Good luck, take care, and stay safe!
Thank you I’ll take on that advice

I’m not sure there is a timescale, I guess once your getting constant results on a demo then it’s time, but bear in mind your emotions are different when using real money

In my opinion using a demo account has nothing to do with real investing.
Through a demo account you learn to use the platform (that is important as well), but you don't risk to lose money.
Until you start to lose real money you will never know how you'll react.
Emotions are the big issue traders have to fight.
the technical aspect is rather simple to learn.

I’ve spent quite a lot of time practicing on a demo account about 6 months in total then moved to opening a small account to practice trading with actually money. When did you feel comfortable enough to invest a substantial amount into trading ?
I demo'd for about 6 months before going live, I dipped my toes a little prior with low deposit brokers but realised I was generally wasting my time.
I had a $2K demo account and committed to trying to grow it 5-10% a month, and keeping a journal of all my trades.

I think it was essential.

A small account and how consistent you are would determine to me when to invest more.

Only put money in when you’re ready to do so and only what you can afford.

Back