how long to stay on demo

nahiyar

Private, 1st Class
Yes it is a big and helpful idea for beginners. They can easily learn trading on demo accounts. As much they will stay on demo they will know automatically what they need to learn . The other advantage of demo is that it is free they need not to invest money in it , it is totally free trading which enables them to know the tips which they will came to know after loosing their actual money if directly do live trading.

bigdolly

Sergeant Major
Stay on demo until you are consistently profitable.
Then trade on 0.01 until you are happy with the mental side.
Unfortunately demo results can be misleading. When I was trading on demo with Hotforex my results were great, very high winning ratio but when I switched to trading on live, many issues surfaced including spreads and execution costs. I had to adjust my trading strategy to become consistent profit. Frankly it was Huge leap in experience and knowledge increment.

JamesForexSlayer

Sergeant
Unfortunately demo results can be misleading. When I was trading on demo with Hotforex my results were great, very high winning ratio but when I switched to trading on live, many issues surfaced including spreads and execution costs. I had to adjust my trading strategy to become consistent profit. Frankly it was Huge leap in experience and knowledge increment.
Which is why I said go on to 0.01

Olieng38

Sergeant
I am not sure, but for as long as you really need to, I do not know if there is something really some set rule for that matter. Are you with me here ? I simply do not understand all that. Be sure that broker will allow you to stay for long anyway no matter what.

Glastonburyk

Private, 1st Class
Hi there.

I'm still a newbie. I've been reading through a lot of posts and the consensus is to definitely demo trade before even thinking about using or losing my cash. For those avid traders, how long did you trade on a demo account before moving over to a live account. I know I can't base my timeline on any other individual's experience....but would just like to hear a few suggestions :)
Until profitable Ofcourse

carnelian

Private
6 month is not enough for any method. You have to demo any method for at least 1 full financial year. There are times when the market is behaving exactly like you want but there are times when it goes totally wrong.