how long to stay on demo

If reading there are so many traders fail less than six months, almost them get margin call account less than six months, hence at least practice in demo six months, and look performance trading during practice, if not yet profitable and good confidence, keep stay in demo trading

If you understand that you have sufficiently studied the platform and all the nuances of trading, then you can go to a demo account, it is real.

It depends on you that how much is your understanding regarding the trade, whether you are able to underrstand the core.
More and more practice and understanding will help you alot.

1 thing that i learnt about demo account is the graph/chart not always the same with real account. If your trade setup is base on candle, then maybe the best way to learn is using real account (micro/cent).

:)

You should stay on demo as long as you understand that you're ready to take a risk. There is no simple answer, like "stay 2 months", it depends on your innitial skills and your mindset. One thing I can say for sure is that you shouldn't stay too long on a demo, there will be okey if you still until you make 12-15% profit from your demo deposit. I.e. if your demo deposit was $10,000 than after you make $1,200-1,500 as profit, thats okey to move real trading and try there. However, you still can use demo account to train and test strategies.

Hi there Carollynne,

In order to start trading live, you need to go Demo first. But before that I would recommend to check a few video tutorials or join some Forex Education program, nowadays there are millions that you can choose. Once you do that, you can choose a Demo account, make sure to set up an amount and leverage that are close to what you can afford live and start trading. I'm not sure the exact time you need, but a few months is probably a good start.
Many brokers offer Demo contests where you can trade on a Demo account and if you have good results you may win a prize which is also a good way to transfer to live trading.
I wish you good luck and profitable trading! :)

How long is a piece of string?

Demo as long as you need. If you are not winning at least 50% of your trades, I would not consider moving to a live account.

The winning ratio should be good on demo accounts then you should have a good experience to manage a certain amount on demo. When you are able to do trading on some limits and feel now you can confidently handle market situations then switch to live account .

You can spend 1-2 months or 1-2 years in trading demo account then move to real account. You need to make an aim for reaching on demo account, then you can move on real account.

Back