how long to stay on demo

Rightly said, it is up to a trader how much he wants to stay in a demo account. If you are confident enough with your strategy then you can go live to trade in real account and make money.
True, but in general, confidence does not equate to experience nor profitability. Experience is superior over confidence. In fact, I prefer humility over confidence.

True, but in general, confidence does not equate to experience nor profitability. Experience is superior over confidence. In fact, I prefer humility over confidence.

Sooner or later, all traders learn humility, or, at least, suffer from humiliation at the hands of the market. :p

Yeah I agree with you. I have more than 02 years of experience in FX. But still use Demo for this purpose and testing new strategies.

That's very good. Demo is still useful for everyone, even experienced trader. But the differences between demo and live could affect your strategy.

This is really tough to answer because each of our capability varies from one another and thus better to continue demo trading until you are confident of trading live.

the best reason to justify never giving up demo is that market dynamics change every 4 to 6 months. so any system needs adjusting and fine-tuning over time, especially more so the less adaptive the system is.

the best reason to justify never giving up demo is that market dynamics change every 4 to 6 months. so any system needs adjusting and fine-tuning over time, especially more so the less adaptive the system is.
yes, they always change while "staying the same"

Back