how long to stay on demo

I am not sure, but for as long as you really need to, I do not know if there is something really some set rule for that matter. Are you with me here ? I simply do not understand all that. Be sure that broker will allow you to stay for long anyway no matter what.

Hi there.

I'm still a newbie. I've been reading through a lot of posts and the consensus is to definitely demo trade before even thinking about using or losing my cash. For those avid traders, how long did you trade on a demo account before moving over to a live account. I know I can't base my timeline on any other individual's experience....but would just like to hear a few suggestions :)
Until profitable Ofcourse

6 month is not enough for any method. You have to demo any method for at least 1 full financial year. There are times when the market is behaving exactly like you want but there are times when it goes totally wrong.

Having so much patience with demo you can do it for 1 year but it is almost impossible. As human nature is he wants results and results are not shown in hand on demo accounts. Traders hardly do demo practice for a couple of months then they want actual money, profit in hand. The main thing is yur learning when you learned enough in months and apply carefully on live trading you can do parallel demo trading for advanced skill and real trading to get real experience.

6 month is not enough for any method. You have to demo any method for at least 1 full financial year. There are times when the market is behaving exactly like you want but there are times when it goes totally wrong.

Yes it can be changes in volatility or reversal of the trend (or emergence of a new one). We have to adjust our trading strategies to shifts in fundamentals before estimating their performance.

Back