how long to stay on demo

Stay on demo until your consistent. if you cant be consistent in demo then you should never go to a live account

My advice is to stay for the time needed to explore platform functionality, tools indicators, opening/closing orders, understanding how margin works and calculated etc. It took me 1 month to learn everything from my broker's platform.

I would suggest you understand everything thoroughly first on demo. Once you have gained enough skills and practical knowledge create a live account. Go with a small investment in the beginning and see the results.

Hard to answer as it varies from person to person. 3-6 months is probably the recommended time but depends how confident you are.
Yes, indeed it will different for each person, there is some trader spent to practice in demo account more than two years, but there is some rush beginner just on demo a week and then jump to real trading., but indeed many recommendations to practice in the demo at least six months, because many trader fail less than six months.

It's up to you. Suppose you feel confident in your knowledge and find stability in trading. You need a demo account to familiarize yourself with the basics of trading and trading methods. You just need to gain experience without wasting money resources, and once you realize that you are ready, then do not be afraid to switch to a real account with small investments.

As a newbie, I advise you to stay on the demo as long as you do not feel ready to make a real investment, when you get the confidence that you have learned enough to go for the live account, leave the demo account but please do not start with very big deposits at first go with low and then increase them gradually.

Back