how long to stay on demo

If you have gained good knowledge and practiced enough you can shift to live trading but for strategy testing always use a demo account first.

I’m not sure you can put a timeline on it as people learn at different rate, but at least a good few months of good results. It can be hard to not make the move early but you want to be in it for the long game.

Hi there.

I'm still a newbie. I've been reading through a lot of posts and the consensus is to definitely demo trade before even thinking about using or losing my cash. For those avid traders, how long did you trade on a demo account before moving over to a live account. I know I can't base my timeline on any other individual's experience....but would just like to hear a few suggestions :)
Until your confident enough to go live

I think trading in a demo account should to uses in serious way to learn, if not yet find or master a profitable strategy, don't move to a real trading account because the risk is higher, but sometimes traders try in a real account just curious how the feeling trade in live account trading.

You can trade on demo as long as you want and as long as you get the confidence that you are not gonna mess up your real funds.

I wouldn't use a demo account for too long. Just test your strategy and learn how to work with the teminal and that's it.

Most beginners stay on demo till they make consistent profits and have gained enough experience.

I suggest having a demo account always, even when trading live to build new skills and try new strategies.

You can trade on demo as long as you want and as long as you get the confidence that you are not gonna mess up your real funds.
Exactly even if you get proper knowledge and then you are trading with a live account even after that also you can use demo accounts to test your strategies.

There is no minimum time for the demo account however new traders should not leave the demo trading for at least six months before jumping to a real account.

Yes I think this is one advantage forex, we can learn and practice in a demo account without restriction, but its also depending with broker policy, but at least practice in demo account more than six months trader already get more understanding with the risk, before starting live account make sure demo account success.

Back