How many active retail brokerages are indeed in existence today?

RahmanSL

Major
According to FinanceFeeds.com:
Certain websites and retail FX forums often provide lists of brokerages, for example, Forex Peace Army has quite a long list of brokerages (currently listing around 823) with some of these are no longer in service.
FinanceFeeds research shows that the total number of active MetaTrader 4 brokerages currently stands at 1,231
The list does not include brokerages that do not offer MetaTrader 4 such as companies with their own proprietary platforms.

It is worth considering how many active retail brokerages are indeed in existence today. The majority of industry participants that we have asked to estimate this, in addition to the actual research that we have conducted, have guessed that this figure runs into the thousands.

So, in reality, nobody really knows the actual numbers.

I think these number only estimates and not the actual total list, but maybe many traders believe if there are thousands of a brokerage company in the world, from various country, and not all trader will choose all these brokers

According to my personal statistics, some brokerages get the most mentions on FPA. It would be more useful to gather data about popular brokers instead of active brokerages, imho.

i dont think there is a fix number on how many brokerage firms are there. it may be in thousands. Once has to see which one is worth trusting and which of these can run away because alot of them in between are fraudsters as well

There are unlimited number of brokers in forex market it is not in thousands but in millions . Even professionals can not tell the exact number of their lists because listed brokers are less and un registered and illegal are more in this field. They are working beyond regulations and are having many clients. We can know all about only regulated brokers listed by regularity authorities .

Because not all broker registered as a legal company, hence choosing a broker very important for the trader, this is at least to minimize entering scam broker, especially trader already making consistent trading result

Maybe it will be good to categorize brokers? Brokers with strong licences, brokers with offshore, or simply range the well known brokers according to their ratings and presence of bad forums threads

I used to do some work that had to do with looking at conditions and prices for various brokers. The list we had seemed never ending and more options were always being added. Of course, you would come across some where the site no longer existed but most of them worked.

It would be tough to find out the actual number. However, we can assume that the number is quite big since only MT4 registered broker is 1231. Thanks for sharing this inquisitive post.

Back