How many hours per day to you trade?

Rambo35

Corporal
Different traders, different strategies and a different trading ideology all influence the amount of time we all spend analyzing the markets and trading them. I know there are traders who spend eight hours and more per day trading while others may spend eight hours per week in front of the markets.

I think a lot of especially new traders think they have to base their entire day on analyzing charts, following news and be alert 24/7.

How much do you trade? Do you control your trading or does your trading control you?

Different traders, different strategies and a different trading ideology all influence the amount of time we all spend analyzing the markets and trading them. I know there are traders who spend eight hours and more per day trading while others may spend eight hours per week in front of the markets.

I think a lot of especially new traders think they have to base their entire day on analyzing charts, following news and be alert 24/7.

How much do you trade? Do you control your trading or does your trading control you?

During the initial trading days, I used to analyze the market more than 12 hours per day.

Now 04 - 05 hours per day based on the availability.

LOL, I remember years ago.... there were days or weeks when I "trade" and watch the charts for more than 24 hours each day.
That has significantly changed now!

Same here mate. Most of the traders going through that period when starting out.

I think a lot of traders experience something similar, at the start they spend a lot of time and as they begin to develop a strategy and learn to trust it they reduce their time spend trading, increase their income and are able to enjoy the benefits of trading. Well, at least the 2% who will make it :)

I trade for nothing less than 4-5 hours per day and some times if the market movement is good then i reach my target almost within an hour and that day is early day out. :D

I trade for nothing less than 4-5 hours per day and some times if the market movement is good then i reach my target almost within an hour and that day is early day out. :D
Yeah, I hear you mate! For some, that means more time to play Xbox or P.Station. :D I am actually contemplating on getting 1 of those game consoles. There is much more free time nowadays.

Yeah, I hear you mate! For some, that means more time to play Xbox or P.Station. :D I am actually contemplating on getting 1 of those game consoles. There is much more free time nowadays.

Good time, then have great fun playing those games and another way of relaxing your mind. ;)

Back