1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many indicators do you need?

Discussion in 'Beginners Bootcamp' started by Triantus Shango, Aug 19, 2013.

1. dianajs

dianajs Private, 1st Class

Which indicators do you usually prefer to use?

2. EURUSD

EURUSD Sergeant Major

Actually all indicator is useful, but indeed indicator only help tool, I am ever trying use bolinger band, which like as belt of price movement, but what happen sometime if price still continue hence line band also will folloowing price, so if look on history seems indicator work perfectly, but in fact we also need use stop loss to manage the risk

3. TrapLok

TrapLok Recruit

I really do not know how much indicators do you need but I use the minimum indicators for my strategy about a particular trade. I think if you would use many indicators at a single time then the trading window will become messy and it will be difficult to predict the future of the market accurately.

4. georgefx12

georgefx12 Banned Multi

Use as many indicators as you can analyze

5. TrapLok

TrapLok Recruit

I can analyze more than 20 indicators
    So I also would add 10 MA =)

and what should we get than ? =))

6. bigdolly

bigdolly Sergeant Major

You could limit their use to the extent where you don't use them at all. Price action is quite convenient and effective way to analyze markets, you just need to develop an eye for it.

7. alaska27

alaska27 Recruit

I know some traders who don't use any indicators and trading quite well, relying only on fundamental analysis.

8. EURUSD

EURUSD Sergeant Major

First beginning as beginner I am always looking good indicator and try many kinds indicator from third party, but eventually now I am trading with simple way only using candlestick pattern and price action, this way still making enjoy to analyze the trend and submit plan trading with use stop loss

9. EURUSD

EURUSD Sergeant Major

Using too many indicator just making complicated and low respond on metatrader, using indicator that only needed because too many indicator not will guarantee will always profit, trading with simple way also still possible to making profit like as based on support and resisten or demand and supply on the market