How many indicators do you need?

Which one do you suggest for a newbie... if I were to use one, being a newbie, I'd prefer a simple and handy indicator maybe moving average?! :confused:

Hi, I just read about a short term forex trading technique, time frames: 1 min, 3 min and 5 min, Cross: EUR/USD, GBP/USD, USD/JPY.
2 moving averages:
1 SMA domain: 9 periods on the bar open
2 SDMA domain: 17 periods displacement based on Bar Pivot Point(H+L+C)/3 of every bar
setup: cross average

technical filter: standard deviation.

Has anyone know about it?

Which one do you suggest for a newbie... if I were to use one, being a newbie, I'd prefer a simple and handy indicator maybe moving average?! :confused:

Based From My Journey With Indicator, I Prefer To Knowing Chart With Reading Bar / CandleStick, And Sometime Using Exponent Moving Average ..
Because I Dont Like Seeing My Chart Dirty With Many Indicator .. :D

Hi, I just read about a short term forex trading technique, time frames: 1 min, 3 min and 5 min, Cross: EUR/USD, GBP/USD, USD/JPY.
2 moving averages:
1 SMA domain: 9 periods on the bar open
2 SDMA domain: 17 periods displacement based on Bar Pivot Point(H+L+C)/3 of every bar
setup: cross average

technical filter: standard deviation.

Has anyone know about it?

You Mean The Signal Based On Crossed Moving Average ?
When Short Period Moving Average Cross Upward >> Trigger Buy
When Short Period Moving Average Cross Downward >> Trigger Sell

Sounds like a MA average using SD as a filter. If the MA's can be set right and the filters are good, this has the potential to work. The next step is to test it over time - if it shows promise, then look for more ways to filter out bad times to trade, etc.

You Mean The Signal Based On Crossed Moving Average ?
When Short Period Moving Average Cross Upward >> Trigger Buy
When Short Period Moving Average Cross Downward >> Trigger Sell

Yes, test with time filters, time windows from 7am to 10am and 3pm to 5pm on EUR/USD and GBP/USD, from 11pm to 1am and 4am to 7am on USD/JPY. I would test it over on my demos.

Back