How many indicators do you use in your trading strategy/system?

How many indicators do you use in your trading strategy/system?

• None, I rely solely on price action

Votes: 1 9.1%

Votes: 1 9.1%

Votes: 2 18.2%

Votes: 3 27.3%

• 5 or more

• Total voters
2 utmost, not more than that. A lot of indicators crowd the chart and will make trading complicated for you.

I do not use any indicator except Volume. Previously I used to draw support and resistance lines on my charts. Now I do not also do that. I imagine lines in my mind. It's all about what you understand the most. Someone is using many indicators others are not. You have to find out your edge.

I do not use any indicator except Volume. Previously I used to draw support and resistance lines on my charts. Now I do not also do that. I imagine lines in my mind. It's all about what you understand the most. Someone is using many indicators others are not. You have to find out your edge.

Why did you decide to stop using those indicators?

When I started trading business I thought that too many trading tools are good for forex trading. And also select my trading platform which has too many trading tools. But now I do not use too many indicators. Because it makes you confuse. And moreover with some of trading tools you can do all necessary things. I am comfortable with the charts only. Before using this indicators I also learn well about this.

I use 3-5 indicators. But they just hang on my chart and that's it, I don't use them, it's just a habbit now. Without them the chart looks different from what I'm used to and I get distracted by it. Sometimes i only pay attention to MA.

I don't use indicators. The only things I use are horizontal lines and trending lines. But they are not indicators, they are additional MT4 tools.

Many people don't use various indicators in trading, usually just two or three of them. Well, as far as I know. The market is large and everybody has their own trading strategy.

Back