How many indicators do you use in your trading strategy/system?

How many indicators do you use in your trading strategy/system?

• None, I rely solely on price action

Votes: 1 9.1%

Votes: 1 9.1%

Votes: 2 18.2%

Votes: 3 27.3%

• 5 or more

• Total voters

Codezilla

Private
This poll will is geared towards helping our users see how many indicators the general FPA population is using in their trading strategies and systems. The poll will be open for only 30 days so please participate. Thank you.

PVT Codezilla

Last edited:
indicators

This poll will is geared towards helping our users see how many indicators the general FPA population is using in their trading strategies and systems. The poll will be open for only 30 days so please participate. Thank you.

PVT Codezilla

Hi, really hard poll for me to answer as different things at different times are indicative as to how I trade different pairs. Maybe you could add "variable number of indicators which induce a gut feeling". :) Sometimes if I find myself in a bad trade it becomes purely mathmatical how I trade to negate or minimize any losses. Interested to see how this poll is answered. It has me wondering do people solely use systems where they tick off the indicators and when they hit the magic number trade. It would be good to know what indications they are using also.

Al

In markets with more stable trends than we've had lately, I've been using Guppy Multiple Moving Averages with some success. Not sure if you would want to count that as 1 indicator (EMA) or a bunch of indicators (it's a bunch of EMAs).

I do not use too many indicators only some of them are good that are applicable. RSI is good for me . I traded many times with it. I never depend only on indicator. After 2 years experience I now know where to get guidance and where should I analyze myself.

In my view, one or more indicators won't guarantee you to get good result in trading. Less or more indicator is not always good, for some traders is profitable to use many indicators but for another one, it's better to have only one indicator because it's simple. The most important is knowing how to use the indicator in the right time because indicator can work well if the timing is right too. It's important for traders not only rely on indicator but also knowing market's condition from news too.

In my view, one or more indicators won't guarantee you to get good result in trading. Less or more indicator is not always good, for some traders is profitable to use many indicators but for another one, it's better to have only one indicator because it's simple. The most important is knowing how to use the indicator in the right time because indicator can work well if the timing is right too. It's important for traders not only rely on indicator but also knowing market's condition from news too.

When i started doing my trading i was always looking for new set of Technical Indicators using which i would be able to get the maximum amount of profits.

But then after some time i came to know that trading does not require the use of many Indicators in the first place :)

When i started doing my trading i was always looking for new set of Technical Indicators using which i would be able to get the maximum amount of profits.

But then after some time i came to know that trading does not require the use of many Indicators in the first place :)

What is the best way for us to do our trading we cannot say unless we have tested other different trading systems.

This also means that when we will start using a trading system it must deliver us the results.

What is the best way for us to do our trading we cannot say unless we have tested other different trading systems.

This also means that when we will start using a trading system it must deliver us the results.

The trading system that we are using must be correct and reliable otherwise instead of getting profits we will start getting losses :(

The trading system that we are using must be correct and reliable otherwise instead of getting profits we will start getting losses :(

It would be good if we are able to limit our losses and that will make sure that we are having trading capital for Future trading also.

The most important thing before you used what indicator in trading is knowing the function of each indicator in helping you to make right decision. There are indicators which are used to predict tendency of market's direction (bullish, bearish or sideways). There are some indicators which are used to know that current condition will have tendency to become oversold, overbought, correction or reversal movement. And there are indicators to be used in order to know the strength of each currency to help you know the impact to your pair.

So, it will be useful to choose indicator which knowing the function of indicator and then knowing the right timing to use the indicator so the accuracy of indicator will be high enough and help you to make better decision.

Back