How many pips you make per week?

iMusingKiMi

Sergeant
How many pips you make per week? I believe this question wondering in my head for quite a long time. Of course I know how many pips I make per week, but I have joined some FB group and saw quite plenty of them said they make 1000 of pips per week. Are trading that easy? Not really in my opinion.

Basically, myself make about 100-200 pips per week and I can describe I have a great life now. Therefore, I start wondering what their life is with thousand of pips weekly. Have anyone heard of maybe 500 pips per week or know someone who able to do that?:confused:

Making 500 to 1000 pips in one week is possible but repeating this every week is impossible. You get some good movement in co-related pairs in some week that brings some high number of pips in your account but you can't do this every week as a habit.

Making 500 to 1000 pips in one week is possible but repeating this every week is impossible. You get some good movement in co-related pairs in some week that brings some high number of pips in your account but you can't do this every week as a habit.

It is not easy thing to do but it doesn't mean impossible to do because I ever read basket trading method which can give thousands pips of profit in a week if you could use the method well so it is possible to gain 500-1000 pips weekly in trading. I don't say if it is possible to be done for all traders but it could be done by expert traders. For beginner traders, it's better to make more realistic target to reach and adjusted with our own capability.

I agree this especially trading with correlated. But when trading in correlated pairing, it just means you double the risk as well, for instance trading a BUY on EUR/USD and SELL on USD/JPY. Does it make sense to sensible trading, or should I describe as gambling in this way of risk taking trading?:confused:

As I reply to downtrend, it is just kind of double your risk when trading a correlation. Is this just a dream for someone to gain big in Forex, or can I describe this as a gambling on trading? That's the question arise in my mind.

For instance, I am trading GBP 6 per pips currently. I got 100 - 200 pips with my safe risk management trading without trading correlation because there must be one weaker instruments that better to trade rather than trading all the correlations. Therefore, I have a good life about GBP 500 - 800 on average every week after deduct some bad weeks. That's why I am wondering what is the kind of life they are having with thousand and thousand pips per week.:confused:

I have my daily trading target. Besides, obviously, I also have weekly trading target. I set my trading target according to my previously success result. By the way, my weekly target is 500 pips. In addition, easily I can mange my weekly target from my knowledge power.

Sounds like you are doing pretty good with 500-800

Yeah, I think so. But I love to research by pips instead of the account balance profit. Pips shows the real skill of a trader, account balance just something you can see for a while not consistency of skills or knowledge. For instance, someone trade 0.1 STD LOTs and loss USD 100. Then he made 50 pips on 0.2 STD LOTs. Do you think he is a good trader? But in my opinion, he will just happy for a while. Sooner or later, he will burnt his account anyway.

I have my daily trading target. Besides, obviously, I also have weekly trading target. I set my trading target according to my previously success result. By the way, my weekly target is 500 pips. In addition, easily I can mange my weekly target from my knowledge power.

It is not easy to set a precise target especially on trading. You don't know what will happen to the market, it don't do the same from last week. For instance, last week we have Good Friday. Now this week we have Easter Monday with so many bank holiday and extremely low liquidity, do you think what you make last week can be same?

It is still all depends on market behavior, instead of what we set at. Probably some week I can make 300 pips, but another week I might have only 1 or 2 trades for the whole week, or even some small losses. Just my thought, and that's what I am facing every week when I am trading.

Some times I make 20 pips in one day , but it is not possible always in trading. after 3 years of experience now I am able to make good and profitable pips weekly that make me satisfied with forex business.

Back