How many pips you make per week?

I have seen so many times the conditional statement "if" expressed as a mathematical equation to argue for that theoretical path to untold riches in forex. The problem with the argument is not that the path is linear and exponential but how it is never expressed in terms of probabilities.

As a reality check, below is the Barclays Hedge ranking of the top 20 professional currency traders during the period 2008 to 2013 (6 years). They are verified accounts and not spurious claims using questionable forex brokers.

Out of the top 20, only 5 managed to consistently generate a positive return i.e. the minority. 40 % of them had 2 or more years of negative returns. We are looking at the cream of the crop professionals who do this for a living.

The idea that you can somehow just generate that 1000 pips per week, week after week is simply fantasy expressed in a mathematical equation that does not comport with market reality.

Attachments

• Baarcaly Hedge Ranking Currency Traders.jpg
    Baarcaly Hedge Ranking Currency Traders.jpg
    279.1 KB · Views: 2
Its actually depends. In the beginning of my trading career the count is very different in different time. But after spending 3 years in forex now I am able to do consistent business. In the beginning I have twice earned 500 pips luckily. But then never ever. It is very tough to do continuous earning in forex. But now, after spending many times and also applied different strategy in my business I am able to earn consistent profit.

Making 500 to 1000 pips in one week is possible but repeating this every week is impossible. You get some good movement in co-related pairs in some week that brings some high number of pips in your account but you can't do this every week as a habit.
yes you are right, every week nobody can't make fixed profits. because, market don't make fixed movements. :)

yes you are right, every week nobody can't make fixed profits. because, market don't make fixed movements. :)
Well it depends on your targets. If you set it in pips then making stable and roughly equal profit from each trade is quite possible. For example I have very strict but small targets and try to not carry away from them in my trading

I think 100 pips is right target for anyone who want to make serious money. 20 pips per day is great for me if I can do it regularly. Then just scale up my lot size and money will rain.

I think 100 pips is right target for anyone who want to make serious money. 20 pips per day is great for me if I can do it regularly. Then just scale up my lot size and money will rain.

Yeah, 100 pips per week consistently already are good performance in trading.

Loss also sometime occured here in forex trading we not only talk about how many pips perr week we can made but also we need pay attention with the risk that involved in trading as long as still get profit on last period of time its still good for me although not always on weekly we can making pips

The pips per week idea is usually part of a trading plan that takes into account risk and the occasional loss. Or at the very least that is how it should be.

I have seen so many times the conditional statement "if" expressed as a mathematical equation to argue for that theoretical path to untold riches in forex. The problem with the argument is not that the path is linear and exponential but how it is never expressed in terms of probabilities.

As a reality check, below is the Barclays Hedge ranking of the top 20 professional currency traders during the period 2008 to 2013 (6 years). They are verified accounts and not spurious claims using questionable forex brokers.

Out of the top 20, only 5 managed to consistently generate a positive return i.e. the minority. 40 % of them had 2 or more years of negative returns. We are looking at the cream of the crop professionals who do this for a living.

The idea that you can somehow just generate that 1000 pips per week, week after week is simply fantasy expressed in a mathematical equation that does not comport with market reality.

Very good sharing. Sometime if someone go lucky can pocket 1000 pips per week especially for exotic traders, but week after week indeed is just fantasy.

Back