How much money can you make and how long will it take for a beginner?

Daniel posted actually good beginners question, but nobody can give him exact answer. I would advise him to stay on demo account until he is certain that his strategy can make profits. That would be exact point in time when he should move to real account.
I agree, this shouldn't be measured in time spent on learning but rather the progress. Also, it might be a good idea to first move on to a cent account when moving to real trading.

I agree, this shouldn't be measured in time spent on learning but rather the progress. Also, it might be a good idea to first move on to a cent account when moving to real trading.
When we are trading in the Cent based trading accounts we have to understand that the profits and the losses will be lesser. So we will need to learn how we can adjust and continue our trading with success.

When we are trading in the Cent based trading accounts we have to understand that the profits and the losses will be lesser. So we will need to learn how we can adjust and continue our trading with success.
Yes, you are right. But trading with real money is when emotions kick in and trading psychology starts to become important, even if it's only a small amount of money - that is a big change when moving on from demo trading, and a cent account can help ease into it. But I agree that it's good to keep in mind that profits and losses are smaller.

It can take forever and would say your always learning, have an idea of goals but don’t go chasing losses, teach that as more learning

I think it will take as long as it needs to. No need to rush things and just spend plenty of time on demo

Hi everyone,

I have no previous trading experience however I plan on educating myself on this website. I am just wondering how long it will take to begin making money, how easy/difficult it might be and how much I can expect to earn etc. Plus any tips that anyone has for a beginner would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks,

Dan.
Best thing to do is not to think about money. This puts added pressure on yourself. Think about RR and % gain.

It can take forever and would say your always learning, have an idea of goals but don’t go chasing losses, teach that as more learning
I will prefer to remain feared in start of trading career, because it will save you from a big loss . Traders not accept they are beginners and experience is needed for good trading but it is reality that you can not do good trading without invest a lot of time in practice. Then are not able to say the exact amount of profit even after having sufficient trading skill .All depends on different factors and skill levels when and how much you should invest and how much you will get return out of it.

I think it's key to learn the basics and understand what you're doing. I think people focus too much on making money quickly when realistically in the first instance you are learning to make small profits consistently. It's very difficult to put a timeline on this as it depends how much time you have to invest into the learning process.

Hi everyone,

I have no previous trading experience however I plan on educating myself on this website. I am just wondering how long it will take to begin making money, how easy/difficult it might be and how much I can expect to earn etc. Plus any tips that anyone has for a beginner would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks,

Dan.
Get some experience with a demo account first and do some research maybe go on babypips to help understand it and gain knowledge

Back