How much money can you make and how long will it take for a beginner?

Difficulty depends upon how you analyse your actions. I never mean to say that profit making is easy... It is something which can be achieved if you are determined to learn from all your mistakes... Definitely it takes time understand how to manage capital, how much to invest, on what instrument to trade, which strategy to use etc... And that's what I mean by a "calculative approach" in my comment.
Now that sounds more clear.

The amount of profit depends on the exact person we are talking about.
Traders use different strategies while trading on forex. Some people prefer safety to high profits, but there are also very agressive traders who use high leverages which brings big risks.
The main thing, from my point of view, is to know what you are doing, to have realistic expectations of the deals you make and calculate the risks.
Again it is hard to say how much time someone needs to understand trading and himself, but the more efforts and time you devote to trading, the better you trade and the higher profits you get.

Traders use different strategies while trading on forex. Some people prefer safety to high profits, but there are also very agressive traders who use high leverages which brings big risks.
The main thing, from my point of view, is to know what you are doing, to have realistic expectations of the deals you make and calculate the risks.
Again it is hard to say how much time someone needs to understand trading and himself, but the more efforts and time you devote to trading, the better you trade and the higher profits you get.
This is an excellent break down of strategies, risk, leverages, and how they work together to make successful trades.

It depends on a number of Factors.
Your number 1 goal should be to on a monthly basis be in profit.
Then you can talk figures

Time totally depends upon you, some people start making money within three months, some might take years, so totally depends on your trading style, strategy, risk appetite, knowledge, experience etc.
Yes, time taken to earn consistent profit can’t be the same for all. The more you learn & practice less is the time required to make profit.

It is impossible to say how long it will take you to start making profits because everybody learns at different pace. Some people are reluctant to learn and think tht they can trade forex without prior experience and background, they naturally fail. Some people try learning but they do it really slow, some people are fast on the uptake and can learn everything very quickly.

It depends on a number of Factors.
Your number 1 goal should be to on a monthly basis be in profit.
Then you can talk figures
Not only on monthly profit I guess. We should also take into consideration day profits in case we speak about intraday trading, you know. It'll be very helpful for novices to lead a journal where they can fix every deal and results of this deal. I know that there are some trading journals in the internet, some of them are free, however there are paid too. Of course day results won't help you to understand the direction which you go, however it can help you to make a portrait of yourself as a trader, and then you will be able to make conclusions according to these notes. Nevertheless, the process of development is difficult and long.

Absolutely. To my mind novices would better not think of how much money they are able to do due to trading, they have rather think of the process of learning and practicing.
Well, it's almost impossible to predict the particular sum of money which one can earn, as you said, mainly because there is a big difference between strategies, style of trading and so on so forth. The matter is that novice should pay more attention to the learning and the proccess of gaining new knowledge, in simple terms, they have to concentrate on the object, not ont the purpose.
No doubt that purposes matter too, but on initial stages they'd better think less of purposes as I think.

The amount that you make really depends on a lot of factors. The amount you invest, your trading strategy, how much you understand the market, etc will have a big impact. Don’t expect to become rich off a small deposit, but know that it is possible to grow it over time. If you’re investing a lot, just be careful and take risk management seriously so you don’t take any big losses. Good luck!

Forex is a risky business, this is no quick way to become rich overnight, any newbie has a dream in forex they can trade for a living, but process learning is so hard and very difficult, without high patience will make the most beginner losing the spirit and then leaving the business, for safe learning, using demo account actually good for learning and process to make better progress.

Back