How much profits do you expect to get back from a USD20,000 trading account?

If I had a $20 000 account I could make it $1 000 0000 in a year and also make regular weekly withdrawals

If I had a $20 000 account I could make it $1 000 0000 in a year and also make regular weekly withdrawals

I'm going to guess you meant 1 million and have an extra zero at the end. Even so, that's a 50-fold increase while still pulling out some profits every week. That's a VERY big claim.

Big claims need big evidence. Even so, if you don't already have $20,000 you should have made at least $2000 by now, so you can prove your claimed trading skills at a smaller scale (initially). Show us all by taking an account with only $2000 in it and turn it into $100,000 in a year while making regular weekly withdrawals. If you can do this, then the next year you should be able to take the account to $5 million while still making weekly withdrawals.

Make sure to post your account statements weekly (including floating P/L numbers) and also share it on MyFxBook.

I have hesitated to post this for some time because I wasn't sure whether the trading account would survive past 3 months. But the account did survive and now I have some confidence in posting it to show that it's possible to build a relatively small capital into a fair size trading account.
Trading account started on 11-Nov-2022: US$2,000.00
Balance ending 25-Feb-2023: US$19,126.29
Equity ending 25-Feb-2023: US$18,190.83

Floating P/L: -US$935.46 (two short 0.20 lot size on EUR/USD since 22-Nov-2022 which are receiving daily positive swaps and will be left running until they go into some profits below the 1.02820 levels when they will both be closed out with some profits together with the accumulated positive swaps.) I think the profit is not too shabby and quite decent!

Piece of advice: Just trade with what your trading account size can handle and do not rush to build the trading account into the hundreds of thousands and millions. Slow & steady are the key words here!
Keep/limit your trading to one or maximum two currency pairs at any one time. Spend time to analyze the pair you intend to trade and listen and pay close attention to news that might or could potentially affect one or both the currency pair that you intend to trade.

Attachments

• Screenshot (121).png
    Screenshot (121).png
    213 KB · Views: 6
  • 25-Feb-2023 Screenshot1.pdf
    64.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
The amount of profit that can be generated from a USD20,000 trading account will depend on several factors, including the trader's skill level, trading strategy, risk management approach, and market conditions.

Okay, I started this thread on 28-July-2013 which was over ten (10) years ago and I became a member of the FPA on Jan 16-Jan-2010 which was just a couple of months when I stumbled upon the forex market and started drabbling on it. My forex journey has been a challenge with more than I can remember very dead trading accounts littered along the road. I could never become a full time Forex Trader as I carry out construction project works for the Oil & Gas industry and, often times, I just didn't have or take the necessary time to properly analyze market to make good trades and instead made trades based on economic & geopolitical news that happens my way. Most times a lot of my daily/weekly trades were made on the fly (a hope and a prayer kinda thing) or reading and following dependable Analyst like Sive Morten here at the FPA.

However, even though I still cannot be a full time Forex Trader quite yet, I am happy to be able to say that I have been consistently making money from the forex market. After all these years, I have learned that patience, disciple, self-honesty are the three most crucial factors that contribute either success or failure in trading the forex market.
For those starting out on the forex journey, my advice is to treat your trading account like you would an investment account. Do not try to turn your US$100 into US$1m in matter of months because, though that’s theoretically possible, the more likelihood will be in blowing that account in no time. Use money to make money which is to say you need to have a well-funded account. I would personally recommend a US$5,000 start-up trading account and gradually, through the months & years, add more money into it. Of course the obvious thing is to select a very well trusted forex Broker which means taking the time to do your research. I will not name my forex Brokers here (they will need to pay me to do that), but I would stay way away from manipulating Brokers like, on the top of my black book, I-See-Bucketshop.
Just consider what your US$5,000 can do for you over a period of time as tabulated below:
1709365391807.png

I do not calculate by pips but in monetary daily gains. In all honesty, is it really that difficult to make US$5 or even US$50 daily? A quick carefully picked scalp can easily net these profits. As I have already emphasized above, patience and disciple are critical criteria for success and being brutally honest with yourself over how you trade is also very important.
Over the course of the weeks or months ahead, and time permitting, I might even post one or two of my actual live trading accounts here just to showcase what I am writing about.
Cheers and all the best!

I guess 6% profit is a handsome amount to be sought after which compounds and can yield more than expected in my opinion. Yet slow and steady wins the race, if anyone looks for higher rewards chances are that they will take high risks plus higher leverages which can lead to losses as well.

I guess 6% profit is a handsome amount to be sought after which compounds and can yield more than expected in my opinion. Yet slow and steady wins the race, if anyone looks for higher rewards chances are that they will take high risks plus higher leverages which can lead to losses as well.
If traders can do it consistently it will be a good result, it requires extra patience and a high level of discipline, slow steady to win the race is good advice so that risks can be strictly controlled.

Agreed to you! Lot of discipline, consistency and focus is needed in the trading market in my opinion.

Back