How much profits do you expect to get back from a USD20,000 trading account?

30% annually is not a big task if we divide it it will be 3% monthly profit. think an average trader can get this target easily . I will expect 5% to 7% monthly profit from USD 20.000 trading account. Now I am making this % every week so hope good for a big account too.

Really easily? I don't think so. Tell me if you can make more than 25% per annually, and with a maximum of 5% drawdown and with maximum of 60% margin usage. Then send me your proof of track record. I have millions of fund waiting for you. (P/S: We don't want gambler with preference on naked trading)

It is too easy to go into over-confident mode as seen above with some mentioning 30% returns while some even more and some lower, but do we realize that MAKING profit itself is a big thing and that is the FIRST step we need to make sure we get right. In trying unnecessary gains we might simply slip out on whatever we have, so instead of going too far ahead of our self, I rather say be realistic and work out good strategy instead of targets.

30% annually return are already consider a very professional trader with a low risked fund management control. 10% per month is absolutely outrageous and dream unless someone who willing to burnt his fund within few months time. If easily 10% per month, why bank only pay 4.1% if you put in Fixed Deposit (in Asia Country rate roughly on average). Don't tell me bank doesn't have the fund to trade if it is so easy to have 10% per month.

It is big investment which is the key for getting success and if anyone has good knowledge and best understanding of the market then surely without taking huge risk he can make 20000 USD to 25000 USD per year as forex is good rewarding business.

It is big investment which is the key for getting success and if anyone has good knowledge and best understanding of the market then surely without taking huge risk he can make 20000 USD to 25000 USD per year as forex is good rewarding business.

Making $20-25,000 per year is a meaningless statement if the initial balance isn't given. For example, if I had an account with $10 million, I'd be better off buying a bond which pays 1% per year than earning $25,000 trading. On the other hand, if I could regularly earn $25,000 per year using low drawdown, low-risk trading on a $250,000 account, that would be a very nice profit. If I could earn the same on a $100,000 account, I'd probably get hired by a hedge fund.

30% annually return are already consider a very professional trader with a low risked fund management control. 10% per month is absolutely outrageous and dream unless someone who willing to burnt his fund within few months time. If easily 10% per month, why bank only pay 4.1% if you put in Fixed Deposit (in Asia Country rate roughly on average). Don't tell me bank doesn't have the fund to trade if it is so easy to have 10% per month.
I obviously agree on that. I too believe it is not easy to achieve such targets! It might be if you go with lower investment and just be fearless, but you can’t expect this to work with higher level of amount. A really good trader is least likely to have any target because they wait for right opportunity to strike. If we have targets that mean we are often FORCED into trades but when you don’t have targets then it means you can strike on perfect opportunities which always work better.

Setting unrealistic targets can caused real trading problem. Not just forcing people into trades but also causing the mental stress and anxiety when targets are not met

I obviously agree on that. I too believe it is not easy to achieve such targets! It might be if you go with lower investment and just be fearless, but you can’t expect this to work with higher level of amount. A really good trader is least likely to have any target because they wait for right opportunity to strike. If we have targets that mean we are often FORCED into trades but when you don’t have targets then it means you can strike on perfect opportunities which always work better.

This is fact and many people doesn't want to accept the truth behind because true answers always are cruel. I am based in China now. Let me tell you some realistic financial industry figures. In 2016, whole China PE firms with an average profit of only 4.3% and of course some do well and some even make losses. The firm I am working with in average of growth with 15.8% in annual. We already celebrate like crazy because 2016 was a tough year. Where are those people self-claiming easily with 10% per month profit? I believe they are already listed in Times Magazine 1st page.

Where are those people self-claiming easily with 10% per month profit? I believe they are already listed in Times Magazine 1st page.

I'm still waiting for someone who claims to make exactly 10% per month (or more!) each and every month without fail while claiming no risk to win the Nobel Prize in economics. For some reason, it never happens. :p

I'm still waiting for someone who claims to make exactly 10% per month (or more!) each and every month without fail while claiming no risk to win the Nobel Prize in economics. For some reason, it never happens. :p

10% per month, Buffet place will be his soon. It is just matter of 2 - 3 years time.

I am only able to make enough amount to pay some of my monthly bills but i am ok with these returns. However, if i had 20K capital i rather invest this money to different avenues rather than keeping all the eggs in one single basket.

Back