How much profits do you expect to get back from a USD20,000 trading account?

Didn't expect to trade as I did today and managed a little over 2% profits on main AxiTrader account.

Today, Wednesday, being treble swap day, I'll keep and maintain all (total 3.02 lots of 0.02 to 0.1 lot sizes) my short open exotic trades on secondary ICMarkets account to mop-up positive swaps...will consider closing some weaker positions today or Thursday when they go into profits.
Should get some reasonable good returns tomorrow....Today, and up to now, only have a very modest USD12.27 closed profit from USD/ZAR...temporary DD is now just a little over 14%.

Last edited:
Deposited via credit card additional USD2,483.20 (actual total: USD2,716.30 : CC USD2,560 + USD79.50 CC fee + USD76.80 more fee by interbank transfer) into secondary account with ICMarkets as additional cushion for long term positive swaps trading system.
These CC fees are really whacking me:(....but that's the price to pay for impatient instant transfer of funds.

Main account balance at AxiTrader: USD13,220.78 (DD just over 4%)
Secondary account balance at ICMarkets: USD7,919.66 (DD just a little over 12%)

Grand total trading capital: USD21,140.44

Ok, this is now a real live USD20k trading account and lets see how I will come out in the next 3 to 12 months with sensible and consistent trading.

And I do hope AxiTrader & ICMarkets are the honest & reliable brokers that I believe them to be.

Can't wait to see if they treat you better then me - the cutting in and out has stopped -my limit orders nearly always miss by a cple of pips -
and the saga of trades appearing mysteriously on the MT4 screen is simply astonishing.

"Can't wait to see if they treat you better then me - the cutting in and out has stopped -my limit orders nearly always miss by a cple of pips -
and the saga of trades appearing mysteriously on the MT4 screen is simply astonishing
."

I assume you mean both AxiTrader & ICMarkets; right?

In a private messages to a couple of people, I too have some issues with both brokers but which are still bearable to me.
Let's see how my two medium size live accounts play out at the end of one/two/three months. If I cannot even last longer than three months:(, I will post the reasons right here in this thread.

Thanks for the feedback.

Market movements, in my secondary account, on exotic positions went in my favor and I decided to close almost all of them for around USD437 total profits.
I would most probably get more profits if I were to leave the positions over night for treble swaps and pips value, but I would prefer having "a dollar in hand" than the "possible millions which might or might not come".

Main account daily profits is now at around USD400

Grand total account size now is USD21.811.91

"Can't wait to see if they treat you better then me - the cutting in and out has stopped -my limit orders nearly always miss by a cple of pips -
and the saga of trades appearing mysteriously on the MT4 screen is simply astonishing
."

I assume you mean both AxiTrader & ICMarkets; right?

In a private messages to a couple of people, I too have some issues with both brokers but which are still bearable to me.
Let's see how my two medium size live accounts play out at the end of one/two/three months. If I cannot even last longer than three months:(, I will post the reasons right here in this thread.

Thanks for the feedback.

No i meant AXI TRADER sorry - i do not know ICMarkets -

Thanks for your feedback, feel supported by that and am interested your experiences.

rahman

just saw your question... on average, 300-500/USD per day is possible. with a little more risk when absolutely confident and sure of your setup because all signs are lined up and your SL is put essentially where you're almost at break even because that would also coincide with confirmation of the setup's failure, then 600-1,000/USD per day is reasonable in my experience.

Joh,

I have received your PM and will reply at a later time.
Yes, I will post my trading experiences with AxiTrader & ICMarkets right here as I encounter them.

=================

Hi Triantus,

Yes, based on my trading record last & this week, the average total profits (with two accounts) seems to be between USD400-USD800 per day.
Occasionally, the profits exceeded USD1k.
I trade mostly with 0.2 to 0.1 lot size trades...with some 0.2 & 0.3 thrown in when I see true market directions.....and a couple accidental 1.0 lot sizes too which I managed to get out almost immediately with small profits:p

Thank you for inputs which are indeed very much appreciated.

All the best.

...hmmmmmm....the better than expected results from the U.S of A enable me to close a whole bunch of positions, mostly shorts on GBP/USD, pushing my daily total profits from both accounts to over USD800.

Yesterday (15-Aug-2013) unexpectedly made USD1,206.23 in total profits from both accounts.

However, I am in total 20.30% temporary DD this morning (16-Aug) due mostly to quite a number of pending exotic positions (in secondary account) being triggered while I was asleep :( .....in the long run, I should be smiling due to larger daily positive swaps...BUT I am a little bit concern due to temporary DD over 20%....I think I should not open any more trade positions on secondary account for today until I have close some of the exotic positions when and as they go into profit.

On main account, I think I will play small short positions on EUR/USD on the rise.

Total account size is now USD23,205.10

Back