How much profits do you expect to get back from a USD20,000 trading account?

I am only able to make enough amount to pay some of my monthly bills but i am ok with these returns. However, if i had 20K capital i rather invest this money to different avenues rather than keeping all the eggs in one single basket.

Frankly to tell you, 20k to put in real trading environment, it is consider very small investment if you really want to treat this as a business. 20k are not even enough for the margin of 5 contract in NYMEX.

5% monthly return from deposit is excellent for me (1000$) bucks. But achieving consistency is something very hard for me as the variance of returns is high. There are up and downs so my success can be measured only in 6-7 months.

5% monthly return from deposit is excellent for me (1000$) bucks. But achieving consistency is something very hard for me as the variance of returns is high. There are up and downs so my success can be measured only in 6-7 months.

Nothing much, follow the youtube link, listen to what Alex Mendoza said. I love that quotes so much. He is a former CBOE floor trader and listen what he said.

"Some written article said it is reasonable to get 5% month consistently and I fell out of my chair. I said are you kidding me? Do you know how much a 5% a month is? Continuously compounded and it's about 80% per year and do you know what that means? If that is your reasonable expectation, then a 10k account in 25 years worth of 265 trillion dollars."

You will love it.

Well, I think I would target 2000 USD from it, as really that is what I can live life supremely. It is not easy to get that otherwise most people any invest that much if making 2000 USD was so easy. I currently make 200-300 USD from trading with 1000 USD capital, but it is not easy thing and need to handle the risk well or else even avoiding losses can be extremely tough for us, so got to be very wise with these things.

I will try to take the minimum risk and my first priority will be to secure my 20000 USD, therefore I will accept the small profit and will take the minimum risk, I will try to get at least 40000 USD in one year which is reasonable profit.

I will try to take the minimum risk and my first priority will be to secure my 20000 USD, therefore I will accept the small profit and will take the minimum risk, I will try to get at least 40000 USD in one year which is reasonable profit.

I love this quote because risk are the highest priority. You have to protect yourself before earning from others.

Though, this story is stone old. It still hurts to read what you did to your accounts. I hope you found a way to recover some of your losses?

As a matter of fact I will not have so much money to invest in my account. If I had a big capital I will aim to get 5% to 10% profit every month. I will treat forex as a business not a moneymaking machine. This practice will make me safe and sound in forex world.

I am not interested to trade with such a high risk. What is important for me is to earn profit in consistent basis instead of taking high risk and loss money. I know more risk will give more money. But consistency is more important to me than making high volume of profit. I had never traded with more than thousand pips. Because more than thousands seems much risky to me.

Back