How much profits do you expect to get back from a USD20,000 trading account?

it's real to get back about 7-10k $ per month. But I agree with Pharaoh. First of all, you have to expect not to try your 20k. After such investings a lot of people really sure 4x is a scam but I don't think so.

If I am not making at least $2000 from this account then it is bad trading by me. On good months, I can make about $5000 to $8000 from this account. This is all about money management and exiting trades at right time.

Veramente! È una quantità enorme. Penso che tu abbia bisogno di cercare di non perdere questa quantità piuttosto che pensare a fare profitto. Perché perdere soldi è molto più facile che guadagnare qui. È molto difficile realizzare profitti per mantenere questa quantità di investimento perché richiederà un minimo di 1K fino a un profitto massimo di 2 K al mese. Per i principianti è del tutto impossibile. Dalla tua domanda credo che la maggior parte dei neofiti si sentirà frustrata.

A lot of things actually depend on the trader's experience. I personally wouldn't focus on profitting so much, but instead try to save money and minimize risks, well, maybe make some money too.

You shouldn't expect something from forex market. A good strategy usually brings 5%-15% profit, sometimes more. You can calculate profits, based on this.

I expect to receive a 10% profit. Therefore, I would like to receive $2000 monthly from the 20,000 account. I would like to get 100,000 profit before I lose this. And to withdraw profits of course.

$20000 is a good amount to invest on the Forex market. If you have a good trading strategy thwn you can double this amount in 6 months without taking much risks. I think a good trader can start trading with an impact with even a micro account of $500. Am I right?

How much profits do you expect to get back from a USD20,000 trading account in 260 trading days (one year)?

I have posed that question (or something similar) in various forums but have not received any straight forward reply.

Yes, indeed, will traders be satisfied with returns which are slightly higher than normal bank interest rates at around 2-6% p.a, or will they be happy with highest bank rates (that I know of) of 14% p.a?

I highly welcome all inputs as I am extremely curious to the reply(ies) and, for now, will refrain from answering that question.
==============================

Someone posted at another forum:
"The very best hedge fund manager in the world make 20% PA, Warren Buffet is at approx 30% PA for his entire career, my trading hero Paul Tudor Jones is at about 25% PA for his career...."
I know some very good traders who consistently make 1% a day.

WOW guys...I didn't know my thread is still going on-and-off since I declared it "dead" some YEARS back...this goes to show just how long I have been away!

I have been kinda busy and at the moment carrying out two projects at the same time which demands a lot of my time and concentration. Perhaps when the projects have been completed sometime this year in Sep/Oct/Nov I might start on another trading account to...hehehe...show that "Ancient one" and "Ruler of Upper & Lower Nile" that we can make consistent profits from the forex market.

Thank you all very much for your input and hope to chat again soon!

Cheers and all the best!

20k, it is indeed a good amount of investment for a retail trader like me. so I will start actually standard trading accounts with some reliable, regulated and experienced broker that can ensure me capital preservations, flexible yet very customer friendly trading services. And without any doubt, my ultimate objectives will be both capital preservations and additional income from the invested capital. How much profit I can be able to earn is greatly dependent on how well I am able to mange my funds.

Nevertheless, most importantly, I think yearly plan is somehow very much complicated since forex is a highly uncertain and unpredictable market place. Sometime, we even don’t know what will happen tomorrow. So, how can we plan for the entire year actually?

Back