How much profits do you expect to get back from a USD20,000 trading account?

I would say $10000 a year. Though it is never easy. A trader is to be very disciplined as well as skilled of course. I personally would set my goal to earn $10000 per year from a $20000 account and I would be very happy about it if I could make it.
US$10k per year equates 50% from a US$20k trading account is most certainly achievable but by seasoned Trader.

Of course achieving any goal is difficult we can not say exactly how much time will take to get our desired profit target. I do not think it will easy to say this much is possible in a month or in a year. You have to analyze and evaluate your success ratio on monthly basis then you can make a plan for next month according to your capital and skill level.
Exactly my point that what works for one Trader does not necessarily work for another.
And self proclaimed "Experts"?
Everybody is an "Expert" as for every "Expert" who calls for a "Sell", another "Expert" says to "Buy".
Educate yourself in the forex market, find the system that works for you and be your own "Expert".

Update to my above post#237 - 25-Feb-2021

If that had been a real live trading account, I would had trimmed some of the weaker opened positions when the EUR weaken slightly against the Lira.
BUT, to make my post more interesting, I actually added some more "Sell" positions to increase & to harvest the daily positive swaps.

Accumulative total positive swap ending 27-Mar-2021 is US$60,704.25.
Position losses is: -US$43,602.23
However, due to daily positive values, if all opened positions are to be closed, there will still be a profit of US$17,102.02 which represent >17.10% profits from the US$100k trading account....well...actually >17.13% if the closed positions are taken into account.

I shall leave that trading account to run for another month, give another update, followed by one more month to see what happens if that trading account is left to run for 3 months.

Attachments

• Screenshot1 28-Mar-2021.jpg
    Screenshot1 28-Mar-2021.jpg
    463.3 KB · Views: 9
Alright, I am going to update the trail Demo account on using positive swap to make money from the forex market.
Demo Account Deposit: US$100,000.00
Account started Date: 23-Feb-2021
Currency Pair Traded: EUR/TRY (Euro vs Turkish Lira)
Total Positions Opened: 13 Short
Total Accumulated Positive Swap: US$123,514.20
Total Loss Trades: US$52,840.08
Total Profit Trades: US$148.20
Total Profit/Loss (after adding-in accumulative positive swaps): US$70,822.32

Average Daily Positive Swap: US$4,634.00
Percentage(%) Representation of US$100,000.00: 4.634% Daily

If the 13 opened positions are allowed to run from now for:
1 month (30 Days) : 139.020% = US$ 139,020.00
3 months (90 days) : 417.060% = US$ 417,060.00
6 months (180 days) : 834.120% = US$ 834,120.00
9 months (270 days) : 1,251.180% = US$1,251,180.00
1 year (365 days) : 1,691,410% = US$1,691,410.00
These are ONLY for the accumulative positive swaps between now and the time period which is to be either added or subtracted from potential profits or losses from the 13 opened positions, and also the accumulated positive swaps to date.
Receiving US$1,691,410 profits on a US$100,000.00 trading account is not too shabby; correct? And no need to carry out hours of analysis & researches and getting confused with all the noises from "experts". Just follow the news closely on Turkey and the EU for any potential disastrous new developments.

As mentioned in other post, I did try out this strategy some years back, and it was working as expected but I totally messed up the account when I grew impatient and started making other currency pair trades. As also mentioned in other post, after the 2-3 months trial period is over on this Demo account and it can be confirmed that this strategy is workable, I plan to start a real live trading account and will have to control my impulsiveness.

It must be noted that the Turkish Lira is a high risk currency due to the unstable political situation in Turkey, but this strategy can be applied to other less risky currency pair like the EUR/USD (and other currency pair) which has daily positive swap for "short" position. Of course, the daily swap value will be very much lower compared for EUR/TRY.

Attachments

• Screenshot1a 10-Apr-2021.jpg
    Screenshot1a 10-Apr-2021.jpg
    475.1 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
The amount of profits do not solely depend on the amount invested in it. It also depends upon your luck as well. There are no fix returns or profits in it. I advise you to not invest such a large amount at the same time. Invest in small proportions and see the results and then act accordingly.

It depends how a trader reacts to market at a certain time and get benefit from his experience and skill. Only investment can not bring profit nor without investment one can plan for a big profit. Many things count in profit taking as well as percentage of profit on e can make. Luck is a factor that maters some in trading it can bring best move and time fro you and you will avail this with your talent. one can not say when this lucky time will come , it is an endless wait.

Even after much experience one can not get as much profit as he planned. It all depend on many factors and most important of them is market move and chasing it and also acting according to it. May be you will win a great amount with small investment. On the other side a big investment is not a guarantee of high profit taking. How ever you must expect a reasonable amount as per market mood.

I am not going to expand too much on this strategy but just to post updates on that Demo Trading account over another 1.5 months which will be the end of my testing period.
Interested viewers can view, make comments, and draw their own conclusion, as this is just another strategy in trading the forex market.

As I have already mentioned:
This strategy is not suitable for Newbies and 99.99% of Traders and so don't blindly follow this strategy without understanding the concept.

Attachments

• Screenshot1 17-Apr-2021.jpg
    Screenshot1 17-Apr-2021.jpg
    471.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot1b 17-Apr-2021.jpg
    Screenshot1b 17-Apr-2021.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 8
This is the last post for this Demo account for swap values.
Even though all the opened positions are in losses and all these are closed out with losses, the accumulative positive swap values will still generate a profit of USD209,240.62.
With Free Margin at USD275,564.45 over Margin requirement of USD33,709.17, this trading account can be left to run like forever and racking in daily positive swaps. In time, the Equity will be over the million USD mark.

Those following this post can draw their own conclusion for an alternative way to trade the forex market.

Attachments

• Screenshot1 100k Swap Acc 13-May-2021.png
    Screenshot1 100k Swap Acc 13-May-2021.png
    137 KB · Views: 6
Back