1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to select a forex broker

Discussion in 'Forex Basics Boot Camp - Fx Articles by Pharaoh' started by Pharaoh, May 27, 2008.

1. rasppbear

rasppbear Private

yeah, affiliates are messy, dirty SCAMS...

2. Vlad_Vahnovanu

Vlad_Vahnovanu Private, 1st Class

What if broker i've chosen not reguated yet? In conflict situations i can forget about my funds?)

3. Pharaoh

Pharaoh Colonel

Maybe, maybe not. Unregulated brokers are extremely unsafe. Some do pay withdrawals with no issues for years. The problem is that the "perfect" unregulated broker can vanish in the blink of an eye, taking all of your money with them and leaving you without any regulator to complain to.

My recommendation is to try to get your money out of the unregulated broker. Then find a broker that's well regulated and decently rated to put your money with. If the original broker gets good regulation later, you can always open a new account with them after they are properly regulated.

4. rasppbear

rasppbear Private

Very good articles, I would say the most useful articles I ever seen

IrwanI likes this.
  5. Vlad_Vahnovanu

Vlad_Vahnovanu Private, 1st Class

Thanks for your advice

6. Rizog

Rizog Private, 1st Class

Personally, I would say, go with the broker from the country with best regulations. And, instead of spending frustrating hours and days on finding a perfect broker, may be, start trial with the ones who look reasonable and have minimum entry and exit barriers. You can always jump to another if he fails to satisfy you.

7. GANDUS

GANDUS Recruit

Good inputs, still listening

8. Rockjones11

Rockjones11 Recruit

Thanks for the information, still trying to decide on a broker though

9. AbishMathew

AbishMathew Recruit

well explained! Legitimacy is of first importance when it comes to chosing a forex broker. Many little uneducated players spoil the market!!!

Good luck everyone and keep in mind you need to keep strict discipline of news sources in today's ocean of disinformation created by the Internet.

IrwanI likes this.
  10. BogdanProfun

BogdanProfun Recruit

Just follow simple steps, before choosing new broker and everything is gonna be alright.
    1. Try to find information about broker using famous forex forums and websites.
    2. Check broker licenses, if he doesn't have them - forget about such broker.
    3. Try to open demo account
    4. Read more reviews about broker, try to contact with support if you have some questions
    5. Make 1st small deposit, and sometime after try to make withdraw.
    6. Make review of this broker :)