1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to start a brokerage

Discussion in 'General Forex Talk' started by GinjaNinja, Jan 12, 2011.

1. GinjaNinja

GinjaNinja Recruit

So.. after doing some reading through FPA and seeing that there is a definate need for a high quality, non-US based FX brokerage that isn't run by crooks... I'm curious.

How does one start a brokerage firm? I mean... if crappy scammers can do it, then it can't be that hard, right?

Thoughts?

2. Pharaoh

Pharaoh Colonel

3. GinjaNinja

GinjaNinja Recruit

4. forexSQ

forexSQ Recruit

if you want to make trustful broker you need big money and its better that do not make a scam one

5. Johnny2pips

Johnny2pips Sergeant

Very sinple. Flush your bible down the toilet. Then you go to the FX Broker websites in Switzerland and join as an affiliate. Some in Germany as well.
    Now you have your OWN Brokerage Co. even though you are Broke. No money, nix.
    Now you are good as your "website" states all the goodies like MT4 and latest news and all. Geeze, even the prices update all the time.
    Now you get people to invest their hard earned money that they are going to loose with you.
    So now you just wait until you have a couple of million in YOUR account and pay out a few winners to look good and to keep them coming.
    When you have enough, you turn your collar up and put on dark glasses and head for the nearest airport that takes you to Belize.
    Get the drift my good man.

6. forexSQ

forexSQ Recruit

It is not that easy to make a good broker unless if you want to make scam one

7. GinjaNinja

GinjaNinja Recruit

HA.. yeah.. I put together a checklist off this.. thanks.. had to run out and buy a Bible to flush as I do not allow those kinds of books in my house...

No, but seriously... Why is it so hard for there to be an ethical and honest brokerage firm? Does anyone see the marketing potential of saying "Those guys do XYZ... we don't..."?

Not all lawyers are crooks, its just the bulk of them that give the bad name... I assume its the same for this industry too.

8. JohnSkr

JohnSkr Private

Good subject for discussion. But I would say you need a lot of money, to start brokerage firm.