• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss HybridReserve.com

General discussions of a financial company
I am interested in any comments on Hybrid Reserve. My sister was talked into sending over $100,000 to HR for them to trade. The original discussion was about sending $250 and then $10,000 but some how it escalated to $100,000 (AUD). To repatriate (withdraw) the money they are requiring all sorts of ID: copies of Passport, drivers license, etc. Sounds like identity fraud. I hope someone can give us some information as to the authenticity or otherwise of this company (broker?)

Surprisingly the money was returned (except for $4,000 or so) and now they want an apology for how they were spoken to. Unbelievable. First contact was via a friends hacked email account, then they refused to return it, and now they want an apology. The fraud squad etc have taken an interest in it so we will see what happens there.

Surprisingly the money was returned (except for $4,000 or so) and now they want an apology for how they were spoken to. Unbelievable. First contact was via a friends hacked email account, then they refused to return it, and now they want an apology. The fraud squad etc have taken an interest in it so we will see what happens there.

Hi there, I am in negotiations with them right now and was wondering how you managed to get them to return the money. They are being very difficult. Any advice would be hugely appreciated. Thank you, Alex.

Hi there, I am in negotiations with them right now and was wondering how you managed to get them to return the money. They are being very difficult. Any advice would be hugely appreciated. Thank you, Alex.
Good luck Alex. My Nephew looked after the negotiations so I don't really know a lot about it.
He sent them refund forms which they eventually honoured. Luckily we think my sister never sent enough approvals for the money to actually get through "How to Pay" (the rep of this company was a self opinionated nightmare) to Hybrid Reserve. It is a mystery how she was able to transfer so much money without the "Money from Crimes Police" or the "Money for Terrorists" police stopping the transfers. It seems like an ideal way to transfer funds out of Australia to anywhere else with no restrictions….
He did report them to the Australian Police and they opened an investigation, which they closed once she got the money back (she got the last $4000 or so back also). The police officer involved could not find a physical presence of the company in Australia despite them telling my sister they were calling her from the Gold Coast (I think).

Good luck Alex. My Nephew looked after the negotiations so I don't really know a lot about it.
He sent them refund forms which they eventually honoured. Luckily we think my sister never sent enough approvals for the money to actually get through "How to Pay" (the rep of this company was a self opinionated nightmare) to Hybrid Reserve. It is a mystery how she was able to transfer so much money without the "Money from Crimes Police" or the "Money for Terrorists" police stopping the transfers. It seems like an ideal way to transfer funds out of Australia to anywhere else with no restrictions….
He did report them to the Australian Police and they opened an investigation, which they closed once she got the money back (she got the last $4000 or so back also). The police officer involved could not find a physical presence of the company in Australia despite them telling my sister they were calling her from the Gold Coast (I think).

Thanks so much Russ. I appreciate the quick reply. I’ll update once/if I get my situation resolved! :)

Back