• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem HYFX - are they legit?

I am having an issue with a company
I was able to obtain this address from her in Hong Kong (assuming it's genuine):
Room C, 25th Floor, Tower 1, Yujin Guofeng, 1 Youyi Road, Yau Ma Tei, Hong Kong, Wang Yifei, Hong Kong
You can report that to the HK police but I doubt that’s a fake address. However, it never hurts to let the police know.

Here is another foreign exchange scammer. Calls herself Chen Jia Yi. Claims to own 2 restaurants named Jinhe Cha and a spa. Claims she has a financier uncle who advises are on foreign trades. Contacted me via Facebook but promptly asked that we switch to WhatsApp (852 6599 9419). One of the red flags was she would never want to video chat. When attempted to send a flower arrangement, refused to give out address and gave florists address of a coffee store at a mall:
Arabica Hong Kong, 1050, IFC Mall, 1 Harbor View Street, Central, Hong Kong.

Attachments

• 2d66cd57-6e11-4166-9c4a-b54548039a95.JPG
    2d66cd57-6e11-4166-9c4a-b54548039a95.JPG
    161.7 KB · Views: 24
  • JPEG image-BE95120A987E-1.jpeg
    JPEG image-BE95120A987E-1.jpeg
    188.2 KB · Views: 24
  • JPEG image-57BEE483D7D1-1.jpeg
    JPEG image-57BEE483D7D1-1.jpeg
    380.8 KB · Views: 21
  • JPEG image-FBF27E73A4D6-1.jpeg
    JPEG image-FBF27E73A4D6-1.jpeg
    121 KB · Views: 22
  • PNG image-DEB03FED5C67-1.png
    PNG image-DEB03FED5C67-1.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_6F439A22AC90-1.jpeg
    IMG_6F439A22AC90-1.jpeg
    314.9 KB · Views: 25
Here is another foreign exchange scammer. Calls herself Chen Jia Yi. Claims to own 2 restaurants named Jinhe Cha and a spa. Claims she has a financier uncle who advises are on foreign trades. Contacted me via Facebook but promptly asked that we switch to WhatsApp (852 6599 9419). One of the red flags was she would never want to video chat. When attempted to send a flower arrangement, refused to give out address and gave florists address of a coffee store at a mall:
Arabica Hong Kong, 1050, IFC Mall, 1 Harbor View Street, Central, Hong Kong.

Funny bro, I don’t think that crook was expecting that. Haha... I think he/she gave up on you already

Hi guys, sorry I am new here (but I am very happy I did my DD and found you all!) - as I seem to have gotten into a similar scam that has been reported in different versions by many of you before - although my connection was not the tinder / dating app girl but someone who "accidentally" connected with me on WhatsApp - and after a few rounds of talks comes the story of FOREX and the "famous uncle' at HSBC and her trading tips - that seem to all pan out - and offer me to trade along on HYFX ... but just the email alone (yahoo?) and only a shop address (and only on the Chinese site) were another red flag. Let alone that the story is too good to be true. Does anybody else have any experience with HYFX? I didn't invest any money yet (thanks God)... Thanks guys!
If it is so unclear probably best to avoid

If it is so unclear probably best to avoid
agree, definitely a scam. They show you the free Forex trader and "demonstrate" a profitable trade in real time with simulated money (it's all fake) then ask you to send money for real trading. Honest Forex traders will tell you that you might make 5-10% profits monthly, if you are good, on a consistent basis. But these assertions that you'll make large amounts are nonsense. As soon as you transfer your money for trading, it will disappear.

Back