I appear to have fallen foul to spring information

TommyKnock

Recruit
Hi All,

Unfortunately I appear to have fallen foul to the spring information MT5 scam also. Again, chatting to a girl on Tinder who mentions MetaTrader 5. It's in my nature to be intrigued by this sort of thing and I am also a risky person and act a lot on impulse. She put me in touch with her contact Allen who helped me set up an account. I only began with $250 to check it out and it all seemed legit. Customer service was great and started to make money. I decided to deposit another $1500 and continued to make money before losing it all as the market crashed. Again, trying to chase my money I deposited another $1500. I was suspicious so asked the girl to call me which she did, however, her English was poor. The fact she existed made me think it was legitimate. However, both Amy and Allen are now uncontactable and I have read this thread and realised I have lost my money. Lesson learned.

Has anyone had any luck in recovering money? It would be great to get it back, however, I assume its gone. Just glad I didn't deposit more.

Looking forward to hearing back from people.

Also on this, is there somewhere I should report this so to stop other people getting scammed? Thanks.

Regards

Hi All,

Unfortunately I appear to have fallen foul to the spring information MT5 scam also. Again, chatting to a girl on Tinder who mentions MetaTrader 5. It's in my nature to be intrigued by this sort of thing and I am also a risky person and act a lot on impulse. She put me in touch with her contact Allen who helped me set up an account. I only began with $250 to check it out and it all seemed legit. Customer service was great and started to make money. I decided to deposit another $1500 and continued to make money before losing it all as the market crashed. Again, trying to chase my money I deposited another $1500. I was suspicious so asked the girl to call me which she did, however, her English was poor. The fact she existed made me think it was legitimate. However, both Amy and Allen are now uncontactable and I have read this thread and realised I have lost my money. Lesson learned.

Has anyone had any luck in recovering money? It would be great to get it back, however, I assume its gone. Just glad I didn't deposit more.

Looking forward to hearing back from people.

Also on this, is there somewhere I should report this so to stop other people getting scammed? Thanks.

Regards
Did you send the details about her to the company and get any reply on that?

Hi All,

So I previously posted about falling victim to the same scam as others. However, I thought I would provide an update on the avenues I have taken since bein scammed. I contacted my UK bank to report the scam but unfortunately, I have not been able to recover my money.

I transferred the money into a Singapore bank account called United Overseas Bank.

- If you make the payment via wire/bank transfer it is very difficult to recover your money. If you transfer the money from an international account into the scammers account it becomes even more difficult to recover your money as your personal bank is relying on the goodwill of the international bank to give the money back, which is unlikely. If you transfer from bank accounts within the same country you will have a better chance of recovering your money e.g. English to English bank or Singapore to Singapore bank etc

- I reported the fraud to https://reporting.actionfraud.police.uk in the UK

- I contacted United Overseas Bank and reported the issue of a fraudulent account. They suggested I contact the Singapore Police Force

- I reported the incident to https://www.police.gov.sg/iwitness

I have completed all these stages and although the banks and police forces have been very helpful and receptive I am still having trouble recovering money or getting anyway in terms of these scammers getting caught.

Although it may be time consuming I would suggest anyone who has been scammed to report the scam to the following;
- Personal bank
- Police/fraud in your country
- Contact overseas bank of scammers
- Local police force of scammers e.g. Singapore in my case

It appears that the police will only follow lines of enquiry if they have multiple leads. If everyone who has been scammed report the issue then there is a higher possibility of them being caught and us getting our money back.

Good luck everyone

Hi All,

So I previously posted about falling victim to the same scam as others. However, I thought I would provide an update on the avenues I have taken since bein scammed. I contacted my UK bank to report the scam but unfortunately, I have not been able to recover my money.

I transferred the money into a Singapore bank account called United Overseas Bank.

- If you make the payment via wire/bank transfer it is very difficult to recover your money. If you transfer the money from an international account into the scammers account it becomes even more difficult to recover your money as your personal bank is relying on the goodwill of the international bank to give the money back, which is unlikely. If you transfer from bank accounts within the same country you will have a better chance of recovering your money e.g. English to English bank or Singapore to Singapore bank etc

- I contacted United Overseas Bank and reported the issue of a fraudulent account. They suggested I contact the Singapore Police Force

I have completed all these stages and although the banks and police forces have been very helpful and receptive I am still having trouble recovering money or getting anyway in terms of these scammers getting caught.

Although it may be time consuming I would suggest anyone who has been scammed to report the scam to the following;
- Personal bank

It appears that the police will only follow lines of enquiry if they have multiple leads. If everyone who has been scammed report the issue then there is a higher possibility of them being caught and us getting our money back.

Good luck everyone
I am also waiting for the reply to my question.

I am also waiting for the reply to my question.
Sorry mate, I must have missed this. My apologies.

If you are asking if I contacted Spring Information and asked them about Amy and Allen then no I didn't as I cannot seem to find any way of contacting Spring Information. As far as I am aware they are a scam company and do not exist.

Hopefully that answers your question

Hi All,

- Personal bank

Good luck everyone

Thanks, this is the proper way to do it for whoever fell for this scam. Police are aware and they know what's going on. However, their organization is huge and it takes times to catch them.

I believe the chances of recovering our losses are very slim but don't give up hope. Keep warning people from falling into these fake companies.

Back