• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

I ENVY YOU - about safety of deposit

Found someone more doubting brokers than Pharaoh:p

Hee hee! No matter how paranoid you are, there's always someone more paranoid out there. :D

Long term fiscal stability of the broker and tight regulation are the way to go to insure that you can get your money back whenever you want to get it.

If we are serious about trading, the security of our deposit should be our top concern. How can we ever be assured of ROI when our investment is gone in the first place?

Yeah, I'm serious about trading binary options. It's the very reason why I signed up with this site. I want to have a very concise idea about trading strategies and I also want to know who and what to avoid in this business. I have taken note of some who I think have the principles I can trust.

All I can do (if I have a spare time and sb asks) is to point out to some safety deposit rules (as defined in post 1) which arise in the jurisdiction of a given broker. Rules are simple, really.

If we want to earn we have to protect our capital. The first step is keep money in a safe deposit. Is not it ?

E.g. if you retire and want to invest in FX some savings - PLEASE do not hurry in choosing your broker. Wait, think, read agreements. Investigate before you invest.

I totally agree on this. It's always good to ensure the safety of your money before finally deciding to invest. It's also prudent to think and read/understand the fine prints (e.g. T&C) and all policies and agreements before signing up with any trading platform. Reading forums like this can offer invaluable help that can spare you from the schemes of scammers.

Very useful thread by the way. I agree almost with every post since it's only our own concern to protect ourselves. Sadly, but many people are very avid for a quick money. A manager calls them, proposes to invest right now, because right now this broker has an action/ bonus/ excellent conditions/ favorable market situation and the man turns off his brain, seeing only what he can buy for the promised earning of 10,000 at the deposit in 1000 dollars. Then these people write compassionate comments about how badly they have been deceived. I do not whitewash brokers - scammers, but only say that many customers can only blame themselves. This is especially true for those who are not faced with the Forex market earlier and gave their money to the management of the trader. So I think it's very important to follow the instructions from the first post. Be safe and save your deposit!

If we are serious about trading, the security of our deposit should be our top concern. How can we ever be assured of ROI when our investment is gone in the first place?

People invest to trade, earn profits and be able to get their money back. Anyone who has had withdrawal issues with a broker should report the matter here to alert and warn others. This can also serve as a deterrent to brokers who intend to withhold traders' money for unacceptable reasons.

Hee hee! No matter how paranoid you are, there's always someone more paranoid out there. :D

Long term fiscal stability of the broker and tight regulation are the way to go to insure that you can get your money back whenever you want to get it.

Hehe, yes. Especially when it comes to money.

People invest to trade, earn profits and be able to get their money back. Anyone who has had withdrawal issues with a broker should report the matter here to alert and warn others. This can also serve as a deterrent to brokers who intend to withhold traders' money for unacceptable reasons.

Very well said, @Nomer. I'm just curious what can happen after here. I've only seen a few broker reps who come in defense of their platform. Is silence a sign of guilt? Are those few justifications that we see here intended to cover up a mess? For me, the best thing a broker can do to resolve trader complaint is to settle the matter with the trader first and foremost. The trader will surely come back to tell us his success story and clear the broker's name.

Yeah, I'm serious about trading binary options. It's the very reason why I signed up with this site. I want to have a very concise idea about trading strategies and I also want to know who and what to avoid in this business. I have taken note of some who I think have the principles I can trust.

Hi Chan, glad to have read your post. Can you share with me some of the brokers you think are doing fair business? Will send you my email address on a private message. Thanks.

Sorry, I was supposed to reply to this from Nomer Smith. Anyway, thanks v much Chan. I will still honor any list you may furnish me with.

Back